LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Son in law demanding money

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 15 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I am a senior citizen and my husband is retired with no pension benefits. We have limited resources. My son in law is asking me to sell our only house and give him money. Can he do it? What can I do to secure our old age.
Badal Dayal Advocate (Expert) 15 October 2021
Greetings of the day!!
Your son in law has no right to force you to sell your house. If he is doing so then you can lodge criminal complaint against your son in law in concerned police station under whose jurisdiction you are residing. And if he is entering in your house without your consent then also lodge police complaint against him for criminal trespass and you can also file suit for permanent injunction against him in concerned civil court.
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 15 October 2021
These type of son in law are actually very greedy and anti social elements. Serve him a legal notice to educate him on the legal heir laws and criminal law of the land and c
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 15 October 2021
Illegal demand of money is social offence and crime, if your so law repeatedly demanding money and forcing you to sell your house then don't hesitate to lodge complaint in police station against him
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 15 October 2021
How many children have you? To whom the property belongs either to you or your husband? You can file a complaint at Police Station. Take the help of your well wishers about your son-in-law's demand. Even then he demands, you can seek help from the police station under Senior Citizen's Welfare Act.
P. Venu (Expert) 16 October 2021
What is the stand of your daughter and also, other children? It is their duty to restrain the son-in-law.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 18 October 2021
Very well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I agree.
Let your daughter may take initiative and convince her husband (your son in-law) to stop such extortionist activities.
Otherwise, report the matter to local police or Maintenance & Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizen Tribunal of your district.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query