Rti applications

Recently, I came across a decision of Karnataka Information Commission wherein there is a mention as per supreme court decision, that one person can file only three RTI applications in a year before one public authority. In spite of best efforts, I could not lay my hand on such decision.
Can the experts help me.

Can you please quote the jugement passed by Supreme Court qua restricting applicants for 3 applications in a year, as stated by you ?

Quote tha karnataka judgement so as to trace

State the citation or mention full para of respective decision.

venkatesh Rao (Querist)

Sirs,
The judgment of KIC is in Kannada. In the body of judgment, the commissioner observes that " as per supreme court decision" and does not clearly states the citation details. That's why, since experts have in depth knowledge and keep pace with important decisions which serve as precedents, I have posted my query.

You may seek a copy of the Judgement from concerned Information Commission itself under RTI! The Commission itself is a Public Authority; the rigours of the RTI Act applies to the said Commission itself.

you can file fresh RTI seeking copy /reference no of the judgement. Since it is quotred in the reply the judgement appears to being the custody / access of deptt.

or

you can later file appeal stating that the PIO is not able to quote the judgement.

or

direct appeal to CIC/SIC on the ground that your right to appeal is hampered by non-quoting the judgement.

Go for appeal against the decision.

Agree with the advice from expert Sudhir Kumar.

Go for appeal against the decision.

Go for appeal against the decision.

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x