LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding 498 case

(Querist) 19 September 2017 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed 498 case against my husband now hearing is started from last 6 months.
Now i am getting change to go onsite for around 1 year.
Can i go to onsite?
Shital (Querist) 19 September 2017
I need expert advice is there any way that i can leave india while that case is going on.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 20 September 2017
498a complaint is based on FIR lodged with local police and it becomes state case where the complainant/wife has to appear just for her evidence. However she can engage private lawyer to defend her complaint along with Public prosecutor.
You may go out of country after engaging a lawyer for you but for your evidence recording you'll have to be present in the court.
P. Venu (Expert) 20 September 2017
You can. However, you need to be present in the court when summoned for evidence. Continued absence may lead to warrant being issued against you.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 20 September 2017
Well advised, agree with the experts.
Guest (Expert) 20 September 2017
You could better have asked the PP, who would be handling the case. Ex-parte judgment can also not be ruled out in your absence.
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 21 September 2017
I agree with the experts.. ,, ..
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 22 September 2017
What do you mean by "onsite"?
You may proceed abroad, after informing the trial Court; however, in your benefit you should engage a local lawyer to attend each proceedings of the Court so that you may get proper justice to your complaint.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query