IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Post dated cheque

(Querist) 06 January 2012 This query is : Resolved 
i want to know that in case of receipt of post dated cheque from any of our disputed client,should such information should be given to police for the same so that in future he cannot deny for the same in futher saying such cheque is being lost or taken forcefully.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 06 January 2012
Yes you can but the Police may refuse to note it through GD.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 06 January 2012
At the time taking such post dated cheques , you can also get one agreement executed with such person incorporating the necessary details.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 06 January 2012
Rightly advised by Ld. Mr. Burman.


Shonee Kapoor
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 07 January 2012
Police has nothing to do with such matters.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 07 January 2012
You can obtain an undertaking on the letter head of that party to use the cheque in case of outstanding payment against him.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 07 January 2012
Police have no role about it.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 07 January 2012
It does not relate to police.In those situations there should a writing /or agreement proving hand over of post dated cheques speaking attending circumstances as reason.
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 07 January 2012
No role for the police at this stage. You can create documentary evidence of your own as advised by the experts.
R Trivedi (Expert) 16 January 2012
Simply write an email that for such and such consideration, we have received the cheque number so and so, dated so and so... The best is do not deal with such characters.
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 16 January 2012
Instead of going to police or complicating the matter, get a covering letter from the drawer, along with the cheque. That will serve your purpose.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 16 January 2012
Police has nothing to do with such matters.
give him Receipt of PDC, with whatever consideration chq is issued, and get his sign on it.
As an Alternate MOU can be signed c chq no.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Follow us Course law

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query