Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Payment

Respected experts,
the court has ordered me to pay money to the other party, while paying by cash how can I have proof that I paid the party xxxxx amount.
can I just write on a blank A4 size paper that on so and so date and place I paid the complete amount in cash and take the signature of the other party and show it as evidence is it valid?

Make payment through cheque/DD/Pay-order.Don't pay cash and take receipt of same.

Sankaranarayanan Online (Expert)

yes i do agree

Pradipta Nath (Expert)

Please make payment in a/c payee cheque or online bank transfer or money order, but certainly not in cash. Also ensure to obtain receipt for the same.

To me, as the court has ordered to pay the money to the other party, you may pay the check or cash or DD through that court. In my view, you can pay the court also in the case by request through your lawyer.

Anubhav TyagiOnline (Expert)

make payment through cheque, DD bank transfer etc. and it would be better if the payment is done in the Court itself.

J K AgrawalOnline (Expert)

I think the querist knows about option of cheque and DD but he want to know that if a receipt on A4 size paper is proper or not in eyes of law? I say it is proper if it is properly stamped (and if you are able to prove it properly, later on.).

You are selective with the facts. How come the court has ordered you to pay? Who is the other party?

The money directed to be paid can be paid in cash in court.
It shall be endorsed in the order sheet and signed by other party as token of receipt.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

You can pay by cheque or online payment. If you want to pay cash then you can take receipt of the cash payment or you can deposit the same in the court. Later another party shall withdraw the same.

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

agreed with views of earlier experts
thanks

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x