LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Passport application

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 January 2012 This query is : Resolved 
i want to apply for my mother's passport,she is post-graduate but has lost all her certificates and mark sheets...she even doesn't has her birth certificate..
can i get her passport made..??
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 07 January 2012
Without enclosing the certified copies of the aforesaid lost documents, one cannot apply for the passport in India so first obtain the second copies from the respective institutions and then apply.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 07 January 2012
Thisis unsuala sitution and even our expertsmay not have a reply. But yours may not be the first such case. Contact the passport department they may have a procedure for such cases as well.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 07 January 2012
Proceed as advised by Mr.Makkad.
Harshada Shukl Kulkarni (Expert) 07 January 2012
If all the documents including birth certificate is lost then as has been suggested by Mr.Makkad you will have to obtained all duplicate / certified copies of the same and for obtaining the same you will have to prepare one Affidavit to that effect as the concerned local authority as well as school/college/board will ask for Affidavit before issuing duplicate copies.
Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 07 January 2012
The Passport office offers various alternatives for such purposes. Check which suits you.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 07 January 2012
Only after obtaining duplicates.
Deepak Nair (Expert) 07 January 2012
You are advised to contact the passport office for satisfactory answers.
There might be some other way to deal such situation.
Deepak Nair (Expert) 07 January 2012
What about the other documents such as Ration Card, Voters ID Card, PAN Card and such documents issued by government department??
Rajeev Kumar (Expert) 07 January 2012
You can only do it after getting the duplicate certificate
Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert) 07 January 2012
Agreed almost with all experts.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 07 January 2012
The Pssport Authority does ask for those documents.
You can obtain the duplicate copies of the certificate from the University.
Birth Certificate can also be obtained from the CJM in Death Nd Birth Registration Act.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 08 January 2012
Agreed with Ld. Mr. Barman.


Shonee Kapoor
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 09 January 2012
yes right advise by barman sir.,


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query