Legatee father name is mismatch

Dear Sir/ mam

Please help me understand. My grandfather had registered his property will in the name of me and my brother but in the registered will my father name is mismatch. Thought me my brother name are correct. Now I can't rectify the registered will because my grandfather had expired 8 year ego.

Please let me know if my name mismatch can be the problem in registered will?

In my view, it may not be a problem. However, you and your brother separately may give a Notarized Affidavit that your father name is xxxxxxxxx but it was written in the Will as xxxxxxxxxxx executed by your grandfather. I think your father's name is correctly noted in your study certificates. A copy of the study certificates with the Notarized Affidavit, you can proceed.

Punit ChauhanOnline (Querist)

Thanks for replying Sir. But my concerns is...will I be face any illegal issue during sell deed?

01 December 2020

These are only minor issues which could be solved by document writers while drafting deeds.

01 December 2020

No, mismatch of your father's name or wrongly mentioned name in will deed is not a such big error,it can be sort out by submitting other documents and affidavit.

02 December 2020

It will not create any problem, if you got the will probated (if compulsory).
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer to for professional advise and necessary proceeding.

04 December 2020

Get the will probated.

×

CrPC Course!     |    x