LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal notice from ex-employer to pay amount dues

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 04 November 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Hi ,
I absconded from work 2 years back in one company due to some personal issues. After 2 years i am getting emails from them to pay a due amount of 42000 for not service notice period .after i absconded from the company working for 2 months , they sent a ful and final amount in my bank account after 4-5 months of absconding .I thought they would have deducted all such ammount whch they are claiming now ..what should i do now ? should i pay them what they are asking or ignore the mails .what legal actions they can take against me ?
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 04 November 2020
If the notice period was mandatory, you are bound to abide. If you contest, it might affect your present career.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 04 November 2020
If in your appointment letter, the condition for the notice period is noted, you shall abide by the condition. Anyhow it is better to pay the amount to avoid legal complications.
P. Venu (Expert) 05 November 2020
They can take legal action for recovery. It could also adversely affect your future employment prospects.
krishna mohan (Expert) 05 November 2020
Since you say they paid full and final settlement, you can reply accordingly and close the issue. If you wish consult a local lawyer to peruse your offer and notice terms to suitably reply
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 05 November 2020
Take help of local lawyer to reply the notice received citing full and final settlement.
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 05 November 2020
You didn't resign from job and therefore there is no requirement of notice
On the contrary your employer could have taken action against you for absconding from the job by holding a proper inquiry which he didn't and terminated your services by settling your account San notice pay. Which is illegal. Give your employer a counter notice. He will quiet down.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 06 November 2020
Your employer has been very linient where they did not initiate any action for absconding.
Terms and conditions of your appointment shall govern the issue, show it to a local prudent lawyer for professional advise.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 November 2020
thanks a lot for advice ..i have replied to their email the issue is not that i dont want to pay the dues .but they actually sent money in my back account in the name of full and final payment in 2018 after 3 months of my absconding .generally all the comany deduct any amount due to them from that amount only and then they pay full and final payment . is int it wrong in giving me full and final payment then and after 2 years demanding for a amount
K.S.Ramaswamy Advocate (Expert) 07 November 2020
As regards demand after 2 years, in my opinion you may contact a prudent lawyer for further process from your local area.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query