LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Land purchase

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 June 2021 This query is : Resolved 
We are senior citizens living in Mumbai. One of our close relatives cheated us by saying that he started a real estate company in Andhra Pradesh and asked us to invest to purchase land in his company and sent some brochures. We believed and paid about 10 lakh rupees by cash and bank transfer. Five years passed he did not give us any land or not returned our money back. For two years we are requesting to return back our money. He is not responding anyway, what kind of legal action we can take against him. Please advise us. Thank you
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 29 June 2021
File a case against him to recover the money. Consult a lawyer.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 30 June 2021
As per your statement you had made payments to your relative five years ago so suit for recovery. Of money will not be maintainable , it should have been filed within three years from date of payment however you may lodge FIR against your relative for cheating and mis appropriation of funds.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 30 June 2021

It is fraud. You can approach local police station and file complaint against him. Police will definitely take action against him.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 30 June 2021
If you have proof for the payment of monry, consult lawyer to proceed legally.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 30 June 2021
What were you doing for the last 5 years, now it is barred by limitation, if other party has not admitted.
Consult and engage a local lawyer.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 01 July 2021
AGREE with above Experts.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 July 2021
Since the amount lent to him is not recoverable through court of la as the same is barred by limitation, you have no choice or option than to approach District economic offences wing of police with a complaint signed by all the victims of this fraudster.
No doubt even this effort may bring you any succour or relief, but instead of sitting idle you may proceed with the suggested action.

P. Venu (Expert) 03 July 2021
You have the option for civil as well as criminal action. To my knowledge, period of limitation against a fraudulent action commences from the date when fraud is known or discovered.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query