LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Human rights act

(Querist) 18 June 2013 This query is : Resolved 
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 18 June 2013
Dear Querist
if you want to file a complaint against Police official before Human Rights commission then go through the below website

Feel Free to call
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 18 June 2013
Format for filing a complaint with the NHRC
1. Name 3. State
2. Sex Male Female
4. Full Address 5. District
6. Pin Code
1. Incident Place(Village/Town/City)
2. State 3. District
4. Date of Incident
1. Name of the victim 3.State
2. No. of victims
4. Full Address 5.District
6.Pin Code
7. Religion 8.Caste 9. Sex 10. Age 11.Whether Disabled
(SC/ST/OBC/General) person
Contd….. D. Brief summary of facts/allegations of human rights involved
E. Whether complaint is against Members of Armed Forces/
Yes No
F. Whether similar complaint has been filed before any Court/
State Human Rights Commission
G. Name, designation & address of the public servant against whom
Complaint is being made
H. Name, designation & address of the authority/officials to whom the public servant is
I. Prayer/ Relief if any, sought Guidelines on how to file complaint with the NHRC
1. Complaint may be made to the Commission by the victim or any other person
on his behalf.
2. Complaint should be in writing either in English or Hindi or in any other
language included in the eighth schedule of the Constitution. Only one set of
complaint needs to be submitted to the Commission.
3. Complaint may be sent either by Post or Faxed at Nos. 91-11-23382911/
23382734 or through e-mail
4. No fee is chargeable on such complaints.
5. The complaint shall disclose i) violation of human rights or abetment thereof
or; (ii) negligence in the prevention of such violations, by a public servant.
6. The jurisdiction of the Commission is restricted to the violation of human
rights alleged to have been committed within one year of the receipt of
complaint by the Commission.
7. Documents, if any enclosed in support of the allegations in the complaint
must be legible.
8. Name of the victim, his/ her age, sex, religion/ caste, State and District to
which the incident relates, incident date etc. should invariably be mentioned
in the complaint.
9. Please submit the complaint preferably in the enclosed format.
10. Following types of Complaint(s) are not ordinarily entertainable:
i. Illegible
ii. Vague, anonymous or pseudonymous;
iii. Trivial or frivolous in nature;
iv. The matters which are pending before a State Human Rights Commission or
any other Commission;
v. Any matter after the expiry of one year from the date on which the act
constituting violation of human rights is alleged to have been
vi. Allegation is not against any public servant;
vii. The issue raised relates to civil dispute, such property rights, contractual
obligations, etc;
viii. The issue raised relates to service matters;
ix. The issue raised relates to labour/industrial disputes;
x. Allegations do not make out any specific violation of human rights;
xi. The matter is sub-judice before a Court/ Tribunal;
xii. The matter is covered by judicial verdict/decision of the Commission.
11. As far as possible complainants are encouraged to make use of the
format given above to file their complaints. The guidelines indicate the
kind of information, which would facilitate in processing a complaint.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 18 June 2013
nothing to add.
Rajeev Kumar (Expert) 18 June 2013
No room left for further addition
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 19 June 2013
I have to add.

Her has not stated what type of case he wants to file.

The advise of Mr Qureshi will be valid only if he wants to file human right s violation case.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 19 June 2013
Agreed with the experts and the addition of Expert Sh. Sudhir Kumar Ji.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 25 June 2013
The aim of the author is to file the complaint before the court and there is no such format.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query