How to get non traceable report of missing person

My brother is missing from last 10 years. My mother lodged FIR but she didnt get non traceable after a year. I was 8 when he went missing. Kindly let me know that how i can obtain non traceable report?

Thanks,
Ahana K.

For a non-missing person, the non-traceable certificate will be given after a lapse of 7 years. Now your mother can obtain the same from the Police Station concerned if the complaint is registered in PS.

Approach concerned police station for missing report.

Sankaranarayanan (Expert)

i do endorse with experts suggestions

I have visited the concern police station but one of officer told me that after one year of police close the matter with non traceable report and the file was shifted to the record room. They failed to trace file in record room.

If possible if they can make new non traceable report on the basis of same FIR?

In my understanding, you need to obtain a declaration from the competent civil court. Police report, if would be of assistance in the court proceedings.

FIR would be enough for declaration?

J K AgrawalOnline (Expert)

The FIR only is not final proof. You can prove fact otherwise by affidavit of relative friend and neighbors. File a civil suit and obtain a decree.

Such a declaration can be given only by a Court of Law based on the provisions of Section 107 & 108 of the Indian Evidence Act.

JK Sir so the FIR and Affidavit of known people would be enough to file civil suit and non traceable report is not required.

Thanks you both (Mr. JK Agarwal and Venu Sir)

Yes, FIR would be basis of declaration suit and in support of your version submit affidavits of your relatives and neighbours.

Thank you Goyal Sir.

×