How to get death certificate for person who died 30years ago


Online (Querist)
06 August 2020

Hi Sir,
How to get certificate for my grandfather who died 30 years ago.
We need it for changing property from my grandfather to my name.
I belong to Tamil Nadu .

Please tell me the procedures.

thank you

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
06 August 2020

Whether the death was registered with the birth and death registrar after the death of the person?

If so and know exact date of demise apply for death certificate to concerned authority i.e corporation / Municipality or other prescribed authority.

Sometime old record is not available easily, in such case discuss with local lawyer, whether affidavit can serve the purpose.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
06 August 2020

In case the death was not Registered,

Any birth or death which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence shall be registered by an order of the Executive Magistrate not below the rank of a Revenue Divisional Officer and on payment of late fee of Rs. 500/-.

You can proceed accordingly.

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
06 August 2020

Apply to the RDO with no respondents, and produce evidences by oral enquiry sothat it woulbe considered.If any record is traceablw it will speed up th ecase.Cotact the senior people of the area.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
07 August 2020

You will agree and appreciation that this is a procedural query and not any dispute / problem and this site is not meant as "Inquiry" platform.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)
07 August 2020

not a legal query.

ask procedure from the local authority where death took place.

Shilesh PatelOnline (Expert)
07 August 2020

It is better to contact a local lawyer for this matter.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



IPC Grand Course     |    x