Family pension

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
30 November 2020

I am a Railway Pensioner. My wife has not changed her initial after marriage and keeping her father's name as initial in Voters ID, Driving Licence, Bank record etc. Similarly in my Pension Payment Order and in pension paying bank, her father name's first letter stand as initial. But in her aadhar card, my name is there, since it was told only husband name should be in the back. At the time of my wife getting family pension whether this will create any problem kindly clarify.

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
30 November 2020

Yes.Apply to the Accountant General for change of inltial through the pension sanctioning authority.On approval suitable change in intitial could be effected in the Pension Payment order.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
30 November 2020

Thanks Sir, for your reply. Otherwise, can we change in Aadhar card, instead of husband name, father's name.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
30 November 2020

Yes. You can change her Aadhaar Card as "her father's initial name alias your name (with your initial letter). And make a representation to the authority who sanctioned your pension with the new Aadhaar Card of your wife.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
01 December 2020

It is unnecessary to indulge in such hassles. As far sanction of Family Pension is concerned PPO is the authority, nothing else matters. Moreover, it is almost an impossible task to get the alterations in the names as entered in the PPO, esp. through a mammoth organisation as the Railways.

In fact, you were misguided while getting enrolled for Aadhar. There is no legal requirement that a woman, after marriage, need to replace the fathers initial (or surname) with that of her husband. There is nothing improper, in law, if a woman continues to be known by her maiden name even after marriage. Moreover, the pension papers would have been prepared on the basis of service entries.

Perhaps, you may try to carryout the changes in the Aadhar in consonance with the PPO.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
02 December 2020

Mr. Anonymous Pensioner,
Get details of Aadhar Card in line with service and other records, which is not a legal dispute for obligation of experts.
She is not entitled for family pension during your life time, whereas, it is presumed that you are alive as on date i.e., at the time of posting this query.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
02 December 2020

My heartfelt thanks to Mr. Venu and Dr Vashista, Experts. I will try to correct aadhar.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
04 December 2020

Agree with the expert Dr. J.C. Vashishta ji. May proceed accordingly.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x