New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daughter in law tortures mother in law

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 June 2021 This query is : Resolved 
My maternal uncle was married in 2018 . She seemed to nice but after she had baby she started to fight every day with my nani . Nd now she started abusing her nd she used to say that she will do suicide nd make sure that she will put every behind the jail and recently she pour kerosene on her body and said she will commit suicide . Infact once she locked her in the kitchen and said she will light her up . Yesterday she called the local police nhi told they (nani,mama) locked her up in the room and poured kerosene to kill her. She also told nani that next time she will make sure that she will be behind the bars ..sir plz tell me what to do
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 01 June 2021

If your uncle's wife is deliberately harassing your uncle and nani then tell your uncle to take appropriate action against her wife. Your nani can also take action against her. Consult with local advocate and file complaint against your aunty.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 01 June 2021
Your Nani should file police complaint against her daughter in law ( your aunt ) on account of criminal intimidation.Your nani can also file complaint against her daughter in law under the provisions of PWDV are advised to contact a local criminal lawyer in this regard.
Advocate M.Bhadra (Expert) 01 June 2021
Ask your mother in law to lodge a complaint to the local police station and file a petition under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, in the Office of the Sub- Divisional Officer. Your mother in law can also file a Writ Petition in High Court under article 226 of the Indian Constitution.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 01 June 2021
Agreed with the advice of the lerned experts.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 02 June 2021
I agree with the analyses, opinion and advise of experts.
Besides this, your nani has also the option to file a complaint u/s 12 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2007.
It will be better to consult a local prudent lawyer for analyses of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 02 June 2021
better to consult local lawyer and act as per the advice at the earliest
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 02 June 2021
agreed with views of earlier experts, therefore no further comments so far.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 03 June 2021
Your grandmother and uncle , both can lodge a complaint against her with the local police seeking protection from her stating that she constantly threatens them with suicide and also warns them of the dire consequences for her such foolish act.
Your grandmother, besides police complaint, can file a domestic violence case against her for such tortures and also seek protection order in case she indulges in such undesirable activities in future,.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now