New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Should i mention my incomplete colleging in the attestation

(Querist) 28 May 2021 This query is : Resolved 
As I left a college after 6months after registration without giving any exam then join another college in the next year to complete my degree should i mentioned it to my attestation form for any govt job?As I have not given any exam in that college
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 May 2021
You changed from one college to another college. it is common. In the application/attestation form, if asked where you studied for the last five years, then you have to mention in which colleges/schools/institution you studied and otherwise not necessary.
Sourav Ghosh (Querist) 28 May 2021
Yes sir they are asking for
10. Educational Qualifications showing place of Education with years in School and Colleges
since 15th year of Age

As they are asking me for educational qualification showing place and I have not given any exam from that college so I am confused...

Here may I mention that college name or not? Please help me sir
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 28 May 2021
In the form you can fill up the columns for the institutions where you studied and appeared for examinations accordingly. You need not mentioned about the college in which you dropped out in between and have not given any examination.
This will confuse and complicate the simple things, hence you better write the names of those institutions were you have actually given all your examinations so far.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 May 2021
Well advised by experts, I agree.
Since you did not take examination of the course, which you dropped, need not be mentioned.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 29 May 2021
Yes , you need to mention name of college only from where you passed/cleared the examination .
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 29 May 2021
yes you have to mention as pointed by experts
Sourav Ghosh (Querist) 29 May 2021
Thank you sir.. I have understood that I don't need to mention the college where I just did registration without giving examination...thank you sir....thanks a lot
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 29 May 2021
You are right in your understanding.
There is no need to mention about the college which you discontinued without giving the examinations, hence making a mention about that would actually confuse your statements, hence better ignore this fact and do not reveal such unnecessary things.
Sourav Ghosh (Querist) 29 May 2021
Ok T. Kalaiselvan sir I will definitely follow your words. Thank you sir..
P. Venu Online (Expert) 29 May 2021
The information sought is specific to the PLACES of education since the candidate was aged 15. Hence to my understanding you need to furnish the all the particulars as to educational institutions (even if for brief period and irrespective of whether you had given any examination from that institution) you have attended after you were 15 years of age.

This particular information is material in verifying your character and antecedents.
Sourav Ghosh (Querist) 29 May 2021
Thank you sir P.Venu sir. Then should I mention that college name in my attestation form,from where I didn't give any exam or not as per your word.. Please reply sir
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 29 May 2021
@ Querist:
Do not get confused reading plenty of opinions either from this forum or any other legal forums, you have been suggested with different solutions by different experts, you can choose the best and legally feasible to your situation and proceed.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 30 May 2021
As already amply clarified you need not consult any other expert / lawyer /educationist or consultant, just mention the institution(s) where you took examination.
ashok kumar singh (Expert) 30 May 2021
agreed with views of earlier experts, therefore no further comments, so far.
P. Venu Online (Expert) 30 May 2021
Mr. Saurav Ghosh:
Please note that the information sought is specific as to the places of education than the institution where you had given examination. What is the problem in furnishing truthful information?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now