New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rti regarding salary delay

(Querist) 17 November 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Hi sir/madam
I am a public servant in Tamil Nadu.
My salary is delayed for more than 5 months.
I have not written any letters to my superiors. Just oral complaint.
Treasury office is delaying the passage of bills.
Can I file RTI FOR delay of bill to the treasury office.?
Can I complain in CM cell without any proper representation of my superiors?
P.S I didnt represent in writing to my superiors till now.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 November 2020
You cannot complain to CM cell directly as a Public Servant. First, represent the Treasury Authorities to pass your salary bill immediately through your employer. If the Treasury Authorities not respond, make a grievance petition to the District Treasury Authority of your District through the proper channel. Even then, they do no respond then only use RTI.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 18 November 2020
You have not stated the fact as to why it is delayed. In many cases, the post sanction could have been delayed.Enquire at office.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 18 November 2020
Take up the matter only through proper channel.

You can write to higher official when grievance not resolved at immediate level.

Spouse / parents of some employee approach / write higher authority as they face problem when salary of employee not paid.
P. Venu (Expert) 18 November 2020
What is the objection from the Treasury or other competent authority?
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 19 November 2020
RTI can be sent for asking information from concerned department.
Sarath Kumar (Querist) 23 November 2020
Objection from treasury officer. Citing signature pattern difference of the pay drawing officer and to update the year of retirement to 59 from 58
P. Venu (Expert) 23 November 2020
The explanation furnished is less than convincing.
If so, you may not be the only person affected.
Sarath Kumar (Querist) 23 November 2020
Yes sir. Some vengeance between treasury officer and my office clerk it seems. So the treasury officer is making my life hard. 58 to 59 yrs is due to covid only. Its not mandatory to change that in .LPC I think. Next the pay drawing officer of my previous station is 80 km away. How can i convince him to put the signature without any difference. Very silly queries. Stopped my pay bill...
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 23 November 2020
Try to get the matter cleared / salary released by removing the objections.

Later take up the matter with higher authorities through proper channel also sending one direct copy.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 23 November 2020
It is only Administrative prorogatives.Objecting pay bill for the reason of signature difference is absurd and disciplinar action could be taken agaist the petsons involved.Report to higher authrities/Head of department.
P. Venu (Expert) 23 November 2020
Yes, the Treasury Officer is only a supervisory functionary. He is not a law unto himself.
Sarath Kumar (Querist) 23 November 2020
Yes sir. I have written to the regional treasury officer. Hope some actions will be taken.
P. Venu (Expert) 24 November 2020
Why you should write? It is the responsibility of your office, more particularly the Drawing and Disbursing Officer, that the employees are provided with the salary, by the due date, for the period of their duty. The Treasury and the officials therein are the means, not the end.

Moreover, what is the relevance of LPC? My past experience for thirty years in public service and, more particularly as a DDO, suggests that you have not posted the complete facts to highlight the real issue.
Sarath Kumar (Querist) 24 November 2020
I was transferred from one place to another on 13 6 2020. My LPC was sent from that station with the above mentioned so called irregularities. When I joined the new station my salary for first 12 days was to be credited by the new station. But there were some administrative problems like the head under which the salary to be credited for me working 12 days in a different district was not available in my new district. So they created the head and applied the pay bill. Mu bill was put into audit mentioning the above cause. But my office people had said that this was a new procedure, because they never had to open a new head like this for salary for working in a different district. So i waited for 4 months. Then finally the treasury officer said ok and asked to file the salary bill. Which was submitted on 14.10. 2020 l. The officer asked for the above mentioned queries on 17.11.2020. this is what happened. My office people were at snail pace at work. Which has to be admitted.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now