Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Registered sale deed

(Querist) 29 September 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir,

i found one register sale deed in favor of my grand parent. register in the year 1963. based on the sale deed i enquiry the land present possession as of now in revenue records, entries in revenue records and possession of the that land still in the name of seller's son. when i asked the seller's son to handover the land to me, he told that "he got the land from his father and forefathers we are in possession since 100 years. he don't know about the sale deed. i don't know what happened at that time when my father was live". now the seller and the buyer are expired. what can i do with this sale deed. please advise how to get the property.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 29 September 2020

You have to take legal action against the seller. Appoint learned advocate to represent your case in court.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 29 September 2020
File suit for possession, declaration and injunction against the lrs of seller.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 September 2020
Show all documents to local lawyer and claim possession through court if other party is not ready to handover.
Vijaya kumar Avula (Querist) 29 September 2020
some local lawyer told me that it is time barred. Adverse possession and the Statute of Limitations like that, is it correct
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 29 September 2020
Not some lawyer, you shall inquire in your town who is the best advocate in property matters. Consult him with a copy of the material available with you. I think an adverse possession suit has to be filed.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 30 September 2020
The vendors / sellers are persons-in-possession therefore, they have a claim by "adverse possession".
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 30 September 2020
What have you / your father been doing since 1963 till date and what is the urgency to have the land now in the year 2020 ?
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 30 September 2020

1. An former land owner (and his legal heirs) who has sold his Land via a Registered Sale Deed, CANNOT claim "Adverse Possession". This is barred by Law and would further constitutes prosecutable offences of Trespassing, Intimidation, Breach of Trust, etc....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
krishna mohan (Expert) 30 September 2020
Seller or Sellers legal heir are barred by enjoyment of a property sold by them as they are duty bound to hand over the encumbrance free property. Consult the best advocate of your area with all title deeds for right advise, legal action and police complaint though time barred. If it is outsider encroachment, yes adverse possession will hit.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 30 September 2020
Thank you Hemant Agarwal for agreeing with me.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now