LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Continuing education while in govt service

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 August 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Namaste Sir,

1. Iam working for one Bangalore based reputed PSU undertaken by Govt of India.

2. I Completed 19 years of service.

3. The PF pension what i get is meager after my retirement making me to work even after retirement

4. Presently iam working on 3 rotational shift basis

4.1) 1 st shift > 6:30AM to 2:30 PM
4.2) 2nd shift > 2:15PM to 10:00PM
4.3) night shift > 10:00PM to 6:00AM

4. I completed 12 standard in science stream ( Correspondence) by securing 1st class and received marks sheet on 5th August 2020 and now my age is 44 years.

5. Now i wish to enroll for Diploma in Pharmacy course where only day colleges exists.

6. Since iam in 3 rotational shifts and often shift change adjustment with colleagues i can attend day time classes.

7. If my company HR denies permission for day college admission, What i can do?

8. I can assure that i carryout my studies without hamper in my factory work activities.

Please advice

A. A. JOSE (Expert) 12 August 2020
Your intention to undertake higher study alongwith job is really laudable and please go ahead.

It is imperative for you to obtain "No Objection Certificate" from your employer . It is better to persuade and convince your immediate superiors that you will ensure that your studies will not, in any way, affect discharging of your duties and that you will treat your job as your prime priority rather than study. In the normal course, if your superiors strongly support your request, then the HR will have little role to play and they may simply give you permission to prosecute higher studies. Best wishes.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 12 August 2020
Permission for higher studies is required in PSU. If your concern refuse, you have to drop the idea.
You can assure your concern that it would not interfere your duties. Meanwhile, you can pray your concern to give duties in the shift which does not clash your studies time. Only cooperation, understanding and attitude of seniors can fulfill your dream.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 12 August 2020
Permission is accorded if it does not clash with the duties and working hours.Departmental instructions are there to follow.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 August 2020
Thanks you respected sirs
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 13 August 2020
Did you seek written permission to attend college weekly ? If not, apply.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 13 August 2020
You are welcome, may revert in case of further question on the query.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 13 August 2020
the issue raised is not legal.

It is administrative manner.

If deptt denies permission even even classes do not clash with working hours, still you have no remedy.
P. Venu (Expert) 13 August 2020
Yes, there is no legal requirement for an employee to obtain any permission for continuing education. However, this is am aspect most arbitrary administrative diktat in many an organisation, especially for employees at the lower level.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 14 August 2020
ok sirs thanks for your valuable guidance

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query