New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Grand father property

(Querist) 16 May 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Sirs/Madam, My brother in law's grandfather purchased one house and transferred to his son( law's father) by the way of gift deed. Now property in my bro. in law's father name. Now grandfather is no more. can my bro. in law having any rights to claim his share over grandfather's property? pl suggest
Guest (Expert) 17 May 2020
Now the Father in law would be the absolute owner and it would be at i his discretion to decide to whom the property should be given. Any Legal Claim can not be made.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 17 May 2020
His FIL can dispose it of as he wishes, I agree with expert advise of Mr. NJS Raj Kumar.
How you are concerned and why are you worried for the property of "others" who have little (rather NO) relation with the property ?
Prima facie it is a time pass question paper.
P. Venu (Expert) 17 May 2020
No is the answer. The property is absolutely vested with him. No one, legal heirs included, has any rights vested in the property during his lifetime.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 17 May 2020
I have also the similar opinion. If father in law of your brother is alive then he is absolute owner of the mentioned property and it is his sweet desire to dispose of the property as per his whims and wishes. The brother in law of your brother has no right, title or the interest in the said property as on the day.
KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Expert) 17 May 2020
Dear Sir,
I agree with the authenticated opinions of above learned legal Experts.
Athi Vishal HD (Querist) 17 May 2020
Dear all One small submission, its not my brother, he is my brother-in-law(my sister's husband).
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 17 May 2020
After gift father of brother in law is absolute owner of the property. He can sell, mortgage, gift, bequeath a will of it during his lifetime. Brother in law has no right on the property till his father expire intestate.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 17 May 2020
I agreed with the adivse of Mr. Rajendra K. Goyal sir.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 18 May 2020
Expert Kavksatyanarayana ji thanks for agreeing.
Athi Vishal HD (Querist) 18 May 2020
Dear vasista Sir, if u r nt wiling to ans pl dnt ans. My quiry is genuine. pl take bak ur word " timepass question paper". Pl dnt ans my quiries
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 19 May 2020
The property belonging to your brother in law's grandfather was transferred by the grandfather to his son during his lifetime, hence it becomes his own and absolute property of your brother in law's father.
Thus the father being the absolute owner of the proeprty, his son cannot claim any rights over the proeprty becasue it is not an ancestral property.
Thus your brother in law cannot claim any share in that property at least not during the lifetime of his father.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 20 May 2020
Mr. Athi Vishal HD,
Go through my opinion before making any unwarranted remarks. Do not post any such inquiries which may give an impression that it is a "time pass" as the present one, wherein I have intentionally used the words, "Prima faicie" which is not your personal dispute.
As found from your profile you have concealed every information stating that I am a common man, gives another reason to believe the query to be a "time pass".
Besides this you have posted numerous queries in the past few of them are as under:
asked a query in Experts Obtaining of passport while criminal case is pending in court
asked a query in Experts Grand father property
asked a query in Experts Adding of mother in law as accused in fir
asked a query in Experts Academic quiery
Read more at:

You are aware that this platform is meant for needy litigants wherein experts are providing social service, using their professional acumen and tiem which not for the queriest like you, that adds to such "time pass" questions.
If you feel so offended for obligations leave the platform.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now