LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

I have section 498, 376 and 377 and looking for a job change

(Querist) 26 May 2018 This query is : Resolved 
My wife has made false allegation on me under section 376, 377 and 498 on me. I have also spent 4 days in jail under judicial custody while I was seeking for bail.
Similar section 376 and 498 was charged on my brother.
My Parents, brother's wife and Uncle have been imposed with section 498.
Except me rest all have got proceeding stay while I have got the bail.
For bail, I have got the instruction from Supreme court. I have the bail for me now.
My passport was also got impounded by the passport office, when other party informed the passport office.

My question is - I have got offer from two good private companies. it is in the final stage and they would go for background check and police verification before asking me to join.
Are there any chances that they would drop my offer because I have a criminal case pending.
I have already told them that these cases are on me.
Also they may not be happy finding that I am not ready with my passport.

Do you think this all would let them to reject job offer to me?
Can I do anything in this case?
Please help me I am very tensed with this all?

I have not done any crime. Just because, my wife is using these things I have to bear a dent in my career.


best regards
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 May 2018
Unless you emerge with clean acquittal in all the criminal cases filed against you by your wife you forget about getting any govt job or overseas job as your Passport is also impounded for overseas job.
Guest (Expert) 26 May 2018
What cannot be cured, musty be endured. If looking for some Government job, wait for your exoneration of the charge by a court verdict.

However for change of job in private sector although there is no such restriction, yet that all depends upon the discretion of the employers, how he takes the incident before your selection for the post.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 26 May 2018
This forum cannot say anything about the policy of the particular MNC where you are looking for job. As far as Govt and semi-Govt recruitment is concerned the doors are shut as on now unless you are acquitted that too on merit.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 26 May 2018
First thing get order of the court for allowing your Passport which is your constitutional right. The Passport authorities should be ordered for issuing you immediately the passport impounded by them.
Secondly get order of the Supreme Court or High Court with regard to expedition of the criminal proceedings pending against you on fast track basis so that the chances of your getting good job which depends on the result in the criminal proceedings can also get decided as soon as possible. The Companies in India or outside India although may not mind offering your job even during pendency of criminal proceedings however if you get convicted by the court you will loose the job immediately. The track of court proceedings is kept by these companies through you at regular interval.
The delay in the criminal proceedings will be detrimental in your interest but beneficial for your wife whose one point program is to bring trouble for you and your other family members.

For a change why don't consult the Prohit, Astrologer, Senior members of the families who arranged the marriage with this lady , definitely you may not have even a lawyer for wedding although all these creatures were very much present there enjoying heavy meals and making good money/gift from both parties.
P. Venu (Expert) 26 May 2018
Yes, it is impossible to offer any meaningful suggestion as to the stand likely to be adopted by the employers concerned. Anyhow, it is imperative that you should get the proceedings completed expeditiously either by getting the charges quashed or the meeting the allegations on merits.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 May 2018
I agree with experts for withdrawal of your passport, apply to get it returned and condition waived.
It depends upon policy of your employer to consider about case(s) pending against you.
How does the police/Court charge you u/s 376 IPC on the allegation levelled by your wife, if your statement is true?
Did you consult your lawyer contesting case(s) for you? If so, what is his/her opinion/advise? Proceed accordingly.
Do not rely upon FREE advise of experts/ impersonating experts who are obliging you on the basis of limited facts narrated by you.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query