Deed of declaration

I am from Chennai. My father's sale deed has a minor mistake that is instead of 600 sqft vacant house site, it is mentioned as 600 sqft undivided share. In register Office they advised to go for deed of declaration by my father to correct the error. As previous owners not traceable. Is it correct way to proceed.? Any legal consequence in future wil arise. Please guide me.

In whose enjoyment the proporety is. If no other signatories available,seek the help of revenue officials to record local enquiry based on whic correction coul be made.

Measurement of the plot is not in dispute, however, problem as stated by you pertain to its demarcation/ separation from other co-owners , isn't it ? It do not make any difference since you have been put in possession of specific plot of 600 sq. ft.
Even then if you feel something fishy, show the document of sale deed to a local prudent lawyer for analyses and professional advise.

Show all related documents to local lawyer and discuss in detail.

Who are the sellers? It could be that the property was undivided!

You shall go for rectification deed. The declaration for the mistake shall be made by your father and it shall be ordered by the court concerned. Consult a local lawyer.

×