Upgrad LLM

Deed of declaration

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
26 October 2020

I am from Chennai. My father's sale deed has a minor mistake that is instead of 600 sqft vacant house site, it is mentioned as 600 sqft undivided share. In register Office they advised to go for deed of declaration by my father to correct the error. As previous owners not traceable. Is it correct way to proceed.? Any legal consequence in future wil arise. Please guide me.

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
26 October 2020

In whose enjoyment the proporety is. If no other signatories available,seek the help of revenue officials to record local enquiry based on whic correction coul be made.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
27 October 2020

Measurement of the plot is not in dispute, however, problem as stated by you pertain to its demarcation/ separation from other co-owners , isn't it ? It do not make any difference since you have been put in possession of specific plot of 600 sq. ft.
Even then if you feel something fishy, show the document of sale deed to a local prudent lawyer for analyses and professional advise.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
27 October 2020

Show all related documents to local lawyer and discuss in detail.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
27 October 2020

Who are the sellers? It could be that the property was undivided!

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
27 October 2020

You shall go for rectification deed. The declaration for the mistake shall be made by your father and it shall be ordered by the court concerned. Consult a local lawyer.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x