Death certificate and legal heir certificate

This query is : Resolved 

16 September 2020

I'm from Tamilnadu Hindu family.
My grandfather died intestate in 1960 leaving behind his son (x) and daughter(y).
I'm the son of his daughter.
After the death of my grandfather the revenue details got mutation to his son X name only. Now we have conflict with the property. We are planning for filing partition suit in court.
The property is the self acquired property of my grandfather.
After his death, the death was not registered.
How to get the death and legal heir certificate now??

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
16 September 2020

Generally, there exist a procedure for delayed registration of death. If procedure exist avail the same.
You can apply to the revenue authorities for grant of legal heir certificate.
In the present case, approximately 60 years have passed, both steps may not be possible.
In the court you have to depend on other evidence.

Shilesh Patel (Expert)
16 September 2020

Discuss with the local lawyer with all documents.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
16 September 2020

How did the mutation get in the name of the son (X) after your grandfather's death? Without the death certificate or a Will or some other proof might be there for mutation.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
17 September 2020

Hypothetical and unbelievable facts of the post.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
17 September 2020

You should take all copies submitted by other party at the time of Mutation. There is possibility of getting some proof for the same.

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
18 September 2020

Mutation could. be.effected on the srength of.the local enquiru, without your knoledge.However you can make application befure the revenue athorities making your claims.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x