Death certificate and legal heir certificate

Sir
I'm from Tamilnadu Hindu family.
My grandfather died intestate in 1960 leaving behind his son (x) and daughter(y).
I'm the son of his daughter.
After the death of my grandfather the revenue details got mutation to his son X name only. Now we have conflict with the property. We are planning for filing partition suit in court.
The property is the self acquired property of my grandfather.
After his death, the death was not registered.
How to get the death and legal heir certificate now??

Generally, there exist a procedure for delayed registration of death. If procedure exist avail the same.
You can apply to the revenue authorities for grant of legal heir certificate.
In the present case, approximately 60 years have passed, both steps may not be possible.
In the court you have to depend on other evidence.

Shilesh Patel (Expert)

Discuss with the local lawyer with all documents.

How did the mutation get in the name of the son (X) after your grandfather's death? Without the death certificate or a Will or some other proof might be there for mutation.

Hypothetical and unbelievable facts of the post.

You should take all copies submitted by other party at the time of Mutation. There is possibility of getting some proof for the same.

Mutation could. be.effected on the srength of.the local enquiru, without your knoledge.However you can make application befure the revenue athorities making your claims.

×

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x