LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Court procedures for inspection of case-file in ongoing suit

(Querist) 22 November 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Hello Lawyers & Advocates,

I am prosecuting a civil suit (recovery of money) as party-in-person. I wanted to know the procedure for filing an application for inspection of my case file.

What is the procedure to do so ?
What are the costs involved ?
Any court-fee is required to be paid again, inspite of paying court fees while filing the suit ?
In there any proforma or format for making an application for inspection of court file ?

Awaiting your advice.

Navi Mumbai.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 November 2021
In my opinion, you shall consult it in the local court or a lawyer of your area as the court fees vary from one to another state as per Court Fee Act, 1870.
P. Venu (Expert) 22 November 2021
You are entitled to inspect the file. Contact the Registry.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 23 November 2021
You have to take permission from court for inspection of court file and thereafter you can inspect.
Shubham Bhardwaj (Expert) 24 November 2021
Dear Mr Vishal,

Since you are party in person in the suit, simply file an application to the registry of the court for inspection of the file. You may also take copies of documents from the file on payment of requisite fee. The fee and the mode of payment of fee varies from court to court and place to place.

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)
District & Session Court, Chandigarh
Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh

Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 24 November 2021
File inspection application in the concerned court and get it allowed by judge and then you can inspect case file. Court fee is nominal.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 24 November 2021
I agree with expert Mr. R K Nanda, file an inspection application before the court and inspect on nominal fees, which is Rs. 5/- in Delhi High Court and Delhi District Courts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query