LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Copy of type set in hc as evidence in family court

(Querist) 26 May 2012 This query is : Resolved 
Ld Counsels,

Will a xerox copy of type set of documents filed by Father in law be used as evidence to prove his pension details before the family court.

HC copy section not providing certified copy of typeset of documents but only unofficial copy.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 26 May 2012
You have to get those proved by summoning the concerned officials who issued those papers.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 26 May 2012
No, not at all.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 26 May 2012
xerox cannot be marked as exhibits in the court.
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 26 May 2012
agree with experts
Prakash (Querist) 26 May 2012
section 14 of Family court act over-rides the applicability of Indian evidence act.
Prakash (Querist) 26 May 2012
the type set was filed by the father in law himself.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 26 May 2012
But who will prove authenticity if challanged by other party?
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 28 May 2012
If the same is challanged by the other party, it would not be admissible.


Shonee Kapoor
valentine thakkar (Expert) 29 May 2012
The comments of Mr. Prakash and Mr. Shonee Kapoor are worth noting. Sec. 14 of the Family Courts Act says that the Family Court should admit all documents whether the same are admissible as per the law of evidence or not. Further Section 65B(inserted by amendment of 2000) of the Evidence Act declares that even computer printouts are also documents. When the source of the information is proved or is on the face of the documents, no originals are required. Please go through these and come back for further discussions.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query