Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Change of Name

(Querist) 28 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
What is the full & detailed procedure of Changing 'Surname' in same caste?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 28 December 2009
Surname can be changed by affirming an affidavit before the Magistrate and thereafter making a public declaration to that effect through Newspaper.
A V Vishal (Expert) 28 December 2009
In case you wish to change your Surname you have to follow a very simple procedure.


1. Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.
2.Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.
3.Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).
4.Pay the requisite Fees in cash.
5.The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

6.Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.
Khaleel Ahmed (Expert) 28 December 2009
I agree with Mr. Barman.
Poonam Upadhyay pathak (Expert) 28 December 2009
I agree with the above opinions of expert.
PJANARDHANA REDDY (Expert) 28 December 2009
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 28 December 2009
Follow the guidelines of Janrdhana.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 29 December 2009
Vishal is right
Ashok Yadav (Expert) 29 December 2009
Mr. Barman and vishal r right, both procedure are right.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query