Upgrad LLM

Caste issue

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
20 October 2020

I'm a female and
My father is from general category, my mother from SC.
In my school ,they gave my caste has General
In 2015 I graduated , I have completed my engineering, everything in general merit.

In 2016, my dad passed away in an accident.
Now my mom want me to marry in her caste (that is SC)

should I tell the person whom iam marrying about my parents intercaste marriage.?
If I marry that person will my caste change?
Can I chage my caste and then marry him?

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
20 October 2020

No. Your caste cannot be changed. The caste of the father is valid.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)
21 October 2020


Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
21 October 2020

It is patriarchal society, hence you will remain in "general" category.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
21 October 2020

Except in circumstances where the child has been brought up in the household and the community of the mother, the child belongs to the community of the father.

Anyhow, a marriage ought to be a matter of your choice. It is prudence to take the prospective bridegroom of the sensitive aspect of intercaste marriage of your parents.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
22 October 2020

1. Nothing including your Caste can "EVER" change under any circumstances, whatsoever.... , EVEN IF you disclose your Parents inter-caste status to your proposed Husband and neither there can be any social stigma or whatever.... in the same.

2. IF caste could be legally changed, THEN majority of Indian Citizens would change to ST and avail the scores of freebies /subsidies /free land /free housing and what nots .... at the aggregate costs of prudent tax payer citizens.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
23 October 2020

Caste is as per caste of father.

It is your option whether to tell your to be husband about inter caste marriage of your parents or not?

However, in such a relation fact should be disclosed.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x