LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can patta land alloted by gram sabha in uttar pradesh be used for commercial purposed

(Querist) 30 May 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Sir,

I want to ask that if a cultivable land is alloted to scheduled caste person in uttar pradesh on patta so could that land be used for commercial purposes .
Who is the authority to which we can complain about the usage of patta land for commercial purposes?
KAMARAJ BHARATHY G (Expert) 30 May 2014
If the land is provided to the beneficiary under the scheme of assignment, the concerned assignment authority of the government, who issued the assignment patta,can take appropriate action against this type of activities.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 31 May 2014
There is a specific purpose of allotment of land i.e., cultivation, which cannot be deviated for commercial.
Engage and consult local lawyer for the authority related query.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 31 May 2014
A pattedar can hold land subject to terms of patta.

A conversion of patta land as commercial land by SDM concerned is needed .

Violation of terms of patta may put rights of use of pattedar to an end.

SDM is the authority where complaint can be brought forward.
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 31 May 2014
In what way you are connected with the query? The pattadar might have obtained order for conversion of agricultural land into non-agricultural land. What is your problem?
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 31 May 2014
I do agree with Dr vashista and Prabhakar Ji
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 31 May 2014
Agree with the expert prabhakar singh ji.
Guest (Expert) 31 May 2014
Conversion of land use falls within the jurisdiction of the SDM and higher revenue authorities.

But, you have not stated, how the case is concerned with you?

Better state the real problem, if there is any.
gangesh (Querist) 31 May 2014
Actually the person who has been alloted the land of patta is involved in the murder of my I am want that the right to use that patta land be put to an end. I want to make a complaint against him so that the commercial structure erected on that land can be demolished.
Another question, if a land is allotted to landless scheduled caste person for cultivation,can that land be changed to commercial land ?
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 June 2014
Read UP Zamindari Abolition Act.

If a land is not used for 2 fsli years for any agricultural activity (which includes animal husbandry, sericulture, pissiculture etc) the pattedar can be issued SCN by Tehsildar for lapse of land.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 June 2014
As advised by experts, you can send a complaint to the SDM of your area and also can clarify about conversion of agricultural land for NA purpose.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 01 June 2014
Terms contained in the patta is the sole reply to your query.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query