LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Arati Gawde   10 November 2010 at 20:44

Release Deed

In whose favor one can make Release Deed?

Anonymous   09 November 2010 at 20:16

How to recover the rent arrears after judgement?

Dear Sir / Madam

I have filed a case in city civil court bangalore to vacate the shop premises in 2007.

Now the judgement has come.

Judgement is :- Opponent has to vacate the shop within 3 months and he has to pay the rent arrears within 3 months.

MY Question is -
1> How to collect the arrears of rent?
2> What if the opponent has noy paid the rent within 3 months?
3> How does the court will help me out in this regard?
4> What is the procedure to vacate the shop?
5> How does the court will help me out to vacate the shop
6> What are the steps i have to take now?

Please explain me in details


SHIESTA007   03 September 2010 at 22:55

ceaveat petition

can a caveator file a petition in the criminal court

Ajit   01 September 2010 at 16:27

Section 138 of NI Act

I filed a case under section 138 of Negotiable instrument act and in my case cheque has been issued by the authorized signatory of the Company which is one of the director but I made 2 other directors as accused along with authorized signatory and last year in September summon has been served on all the 3 directors and out of which 2 directors has received the court summon and attended the court proceedings but till date court is unable to serve the summon on 3rd director(but he is not the authorized signatory)as he was staying in abroad. Can anyone give me SC ruling that only authorized signatory is accused as he has signed the cheque and can I say to the court that kindly drop the 2 directors from the accused list and proceed only against the authorized signatory as he got the court summon and he is also attending court dates. Is there is any judgment in this regard.

Anonymous   22 July 2010 at 20:47

charitan marriage act how can get a divorce

in a charitachan marriage act how can get a divorce?

Anonymous   10 April 2010 at 20:06

Dishonour cheque

I have three queries related with dishonour cheque

A builder gave me a cheque for Rs.194149/-dated 31st January 10. He requested me not to present in the bank for clearing till 31st March 10 as he has some funds problems. After 31st March 10 he made several promises to pay my payment by 10th April 10. Now again he is saying me to wait for 30th April 10 & promises to give me pay order on 30th APRIL 10.

My queries are

(1) I have presented cheque in bank which returned back with remark `Insufficent Fund` on 3rd April 10. Can I present the same cheque again in the bank if he does`nt pay my payment by 30th April 10.
( I have not sent any notice in writing to Builder)

(2) What is the actual validity of a cheque ? The issued cheque is of STANDARD CHARTERED BANK. I have listened that some cheques are valid for 3 months also.

Is there any identification mark on cheques which are valid for 3 months.

(3) Can I file FIR in police or EOW alongwith sending him notice for dishonouring of cheque in future if he does`nt give me payment?

(4) After dishonour of cheque, Upto what time period a notice can be sent to builder ?

Solace   27 March 2010 at 18:47


Dear Experts,
Who is devadasi?The legal status about the paternity of children born to devadasi?

Anonymous   27 March 2010 at 18:02

Query on Case(Suit) Technicalities or procedural question!

Que.1.Their was 6+ yrs desertion between wife and husband , Husband filed Suit for Divorce and wife filed counter affidavit and ask for maintenance u/s24 of HMA, 3 hearings have expired and now Husband want to withdraw the case without out any settlement in such a scenario what would be the fate of wifes Maintenance as that was an counter affidavit to divorce case, now that main suit is withdrawn what next to counter u/s 24HMA?

Anonymous   27 March 2010 at 16:40


kindly inform whether a pending civil suit can be an evidence in a criminal case filed u/s 494 ipc and aslo inform whether a criminal case u/s 494 filed before the police is acceptable?

Anonymous   26 March 2010 at 22:05

cross exam.NI Act 138

When the complainant is asked by an application to the court to produce books of accounts pending cross exam.and when such documents are produced,whether the other side has right to cross exam. the witness on books of accounts produced ?


Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query