30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

amrik.mehra   18 September 2009 at 12:07

false 498a and 406 case

I got married in the year 2003.In the year march'2009 my wife has given a complaint to amritsar police to register a FIR against me under section 498a, 406. However police has given us a clean chit to us. Registered copy is available withus. Now my wife has moved into court and court has summoned us under section 498a and 406. She is asking for maintainence. please advice and guide.my email id is mehra73@yahoo.com

Futher she is also not attending section 9 hearing filed by me.riven

anckoora   12 September 2009 at 16:24

Guarantor's Liability.

dear sir,
pl. explain , in case of default by the borrower, what is the liability of his guarantor ? what are legal implications on him ?

shailesh   12 September 2009 at 13:30

heirs of intestate property

My real paternal uncle, Indian Hindu, passed away in 2004 & his wife passed away month ago. They had no son or daughter. The clinic is in the name of uncle & residence is in the name of his wife. There is no nomination. My uncle had 4 brothers all are passed away. His wife survived by her mother, 2 sisters & a brother. Please let me know who are the legal heirs? Is his wife's mother-brother-sisters has any claim in the property

Thanks for the valuable advice. Will the situation diferes if my aunt is working woman?riven

Amandeep Singh   12 September 2009 at 10:04

Pls the reply its urgent any expert who can suggest

I need your suggestion on the following matter :
My father got property share under arbitration award between three of the brothers including my father, but after the award got registered and became a decree and my father's brother challenged by giving objection petition on some false grounds claiming large amount of money from us and finally in order to settle the dispute we admit to give the amount of Rs549000 on sale of our property in which we are living and he is also living with us in a room occupied by him.Now when we are ready to sell our house he is demanding 8 lacs more to vacate the property otherwise he will get the property auctioned for recovering his claim but we are ready to give him Rs 549000 if he leaves the possession. We are at a loss to know what to do please suggest should we go to court again as the below mentioned compromise deed also written in the courts.

My father Sarvjit Singh
His brother Kuljit Singh
His father Late Gurcharan Singh
HIs mother Surinder Kaur

This Compromise Deed is executed on 18-02-2009 at Ludhiana amongst Sh.Kuljit Singh-Petitioner and the respondent No. 1 & 3.
Whereas the aforesaid objection petition is pending against the Arbitration Award dated 11-12-2007 registered on 14-12-2007 with the Sub-registrar, Ludhiana in this Hon’ble Court.The parties have arrived at Compromise and terms & conditions of the same are as under, which is part & parcel and suplementary to the said Award.
1. That the H.No. B-I-815, Ludhiana will be sold in the open market by Sh. Sarvjit Singh within 6 months from the date of getting a T.S..-1 from M.C. Ludhiana. The original time period of 6 months for selling the house will be extended for reasonable time, if any legal complication arises.
2. That none of the parties and their family members of the Arbitration Award shall have no right to purchase the said house in any manner directly or indirectly.
3. That till the sale of the said house, Sh.Kuljit Singh –petitioner has a right to stay and enjoy the said house in a husbandry manner.
4. That after paying Rs.5,49,000/-(Rupees Five Lac Forty Nine Thousand only) to Sh.Kuljit Singh-petitioner by Sh. Sarvjit Singh-respondentNo.1, rest of the consideration amount will belong to Sh. Sarvjit Singh absolutely.
5. That the said amount of Rs.5,49,000/-(Rupees Five Lac Forty Nine Thousand only) shall be paid by Sh.Sarvjit Singh-respondent No.1 to Sh.Kuljit Singh-petitioner at the time of the sale of the house out of the sale proceeds.
6. That on receipt of Rs.5,49,000/-(Rupees Five Lac Forty Nine Thousand only) ,all the claims of Sh.Kuljit Singh-petitioner in respect of the estate of deceased Sh.Gurcharan Singh,father of the objector/petitioner,shall be fully settled and nothing shall be remained due towards Sh.Sarvjit Singh and his family and Smt.Surinder Kaur- respondent No.3.
7. That the above said terms and conditions are part & parcel and suplement to the said Arbitration Award and the same is enforceable and executable along with the above said terms.
8. That each party will give his affidavit regarding no objection for the change of ownership as per the Arbitration Award.
and property originally belonged to Late Gurcharan Singh but now distributed
sir please tell what relations are covered in the term family members and whether he has any right to get our property auctioned as we are already ready to give him sum of Rs 549000riven

PRAKASHCHANDRA MARU   11 September 2009 at 23:59

judgement for the rape case for bail

hello all learned have u any judgment general which can help for the bail out in the offence of non bailable offence if u have particullary of the offence rape pls provideriven

Apurva Kumar   10 September 2009 at 16:01

Custodial Death!

An accused was bought to court on a trial date as trial date was fixed at that day while returning to jail under the supervision of jail authority he the accused was shot to death does it come under the preview of custodial death? Any case law plzzz nybody could provide!!!! the accused was having a nice antecedent recorda!

Ashwani Chaloo   10 September 2009 at 12:31


I would like to know the produre and law to set up a chit fund company. What are the statutory guidelines and fillings to be done with the regulating authorities.riven

kennii   10 September 2009 at 00:32

validity of document of contract

When the contract agreement have expressly mentioned that The agreement is not valid unless it is signed by at least two authorised representatives of the company entering into the contract, however, the document was signed by only one representative each, will it make the agreement invalid and void ?

Thank You !

SABYASACHI MOHAPATRA   09 September 2009 at 22:52

legal heir certificate

my elder sister and her husband who resided at bhubaneswar died in 2007 and 2006 repectively.My nephew who is my sisters only son is living with my other sister's family at kolkata.My nephew is 13years old and is a minor.several of my departed sister and brother in law accounts with banks have been frozen since she died.My nephew would need a legal heir certificate in order to operate those accounts.Can my father who lives at Rajgangpur orissa apply for guardian and act on behalf of my nephew?.my sisters father in law is also alive but he lives at puri and is too old and invalid.do we need a succession certificate?riven


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query