30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pls the reply its urgent any expert who can suggest

(Querist) 12 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I need your suggestion on the following matter :
My father got property share under arbitration award between three of the brothers including my father, but after the award got registered and became a decree and my father's brother challenged by giving objection petition on some false grounds claiming large amount of money from us and finally in order to settle the dispute we admit to give the amount of Rs549000 on sale of our property in which we are living and he is also living with us in a room occupied by him.Now when we are ready to sell our house he is demanding 8 lacs more to vacate the property otherwise he will get the property auctioned for recovering his claim but we are ready to give him Rs 549000 if he leaves the possession. We are at a loss to know what to do please suggest should we go to court again as the below mentioned compromise deed also written in the courts.

My father Sarvjit Singh
His brother Kuljit Singh
His father Late Gurcharan Singh
HIs mother Surinder Kaur

This Compromise Deed is executed on 18-02-2009 at Ludhiana amongst Sh.Kuljit Singh-Petitioner and the respondent No. 1 & 3.
Whereas the aforesaid objection petition is pending against the Arbitration Award dated 11-12-2007 registered on 14-12-2007 with the Sub-registrar, Ludhiana in this Hon’ble Court.The parties have arrived at Compromise and terms & conditions of the same are as under, which is part & parcel and suplementary to the said Award.
1. That the H.No. B-I-815, Ludhiana will be sold in the open market by Sh. Sarvjit Singh within 6 months from the date of getting a T.S..-1 from M.C. Ludhiana. The original time period of 6 months for selling the house will be extended for reasonable time, if any legal complication arises.
2. That none of the parties and their family members of the Arbitration Award shall have no right to purchase the said house in any manner directly or indirectly.
3. That till the sale of the said house, Sh.Kuljit Singh –petitioner has a right to stay and enjoy the said house in a husbandry manner.
4. That after paying Rs.5,49,000/-(Rupees Five Lac Forty Nine Thousand only) to Sh.Kuljit Singh-petitioner by Sh. Sarvjit Singh-respondentNo.1, rest of the consideration amount will belong to Sh. Sarvjit Singh absolutely.
5. That the said amount of Rs.5,49,000/-(Rupees Five Lac Forty Nine Thousand only) shall be paid by Sh.Sarvjit Singh-respondent No.1 to Sh.Kuljit Singh-petitioner at the time of the sale of the house out of the sale proceeds.
6. That on receipt of Rs.5,49,000/-(Rupees Five Lac Forty Nine Thousand only) ,all the claims of Sh.Kuljit Singh-petitioner in respect of the estate of deceased Sh.Gurcharan Singh,father of the objector/petitioner,shall be fully settled and nothing shall be remained due towards Sh.Sarvjit Singh and his family and Smt.Surinder Kaur- respondent No.3.
7. That the above said terms and conditions are part & parcel and suplement to the said Arbitration Award and the same is enforceable and executable along with the above said terms.
8. That each party will give his affidavit regarding no objection for the change of ownership as per the Arbitration Award.
and property originally belonged to Late Gurcharan Singh but now distributed
sir please tell what relations are covered in the term family members and whether he has any right to get our property auctioned as we are already ready to give him sum of Rs 549000riven
LEGAL DON OF INDIA (Expert) 12 September 2009
If at all possible you may meet me personally after confirming an appointmant on 98700 75042riven
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 02 October 2009
It is better for you to engage a Local lawyer, consult the the matter in detail with him.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query