30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

false 498a and 406 case

(Querist) 18 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I got married in the year 2003.In the year march'2009 my wife has given a complaint to amritsar police to register a FIR against me under section 498a, 406. However police has given us a clean chit to us. Registered copy is available withus. Now my wife has moved into court and court has summoned us under section 498a and 406. She is asking for maintainence. please advice and guide.my email id is mehra73@yahoo.com

Futher she is also not attending section 9 hearing filed by me.riven
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 18 September 2009
You will have to face the criminal complaint filed by your wife before JMIC. The clarity of the police has no bearing on the trial of the case. If your wife is not appearing in the case filed by you under section 9 of HM Act, she shall to face its consequences.riven
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 18 September 2009
go to the high court,and file revision against summon issuing by the lower court.riven
B.G. Gatla (Expert) 18 September 2009
you will have to attend the court and follow the procedure and you can substantiate your case before the said honourable magistrial court.Your wife has got every right to seek maintenance and granting of quantum of maintenance is as per the discretion of the court, considering all the relevant facts and evidence.riven
LEGAL DON OF INDIA (Expert) 18 September 2009
You may apply to the Hon'ble Court to call for the Police Report of the earlier Police Investigation, if necessary otherwise you have to face the Court Proceedings as normal.riven
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 18 September 2009
You have to face the criminal complaint filed by your wife. Your wife has got every right to seek maintenance from you.riven

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query