25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Rajasekar   13 December 2009 at 09:12

virgin test

I am Assisting the prosecution for offence u/s 498-A against the my client' s husband, and also I have filed divorce petition against the husband. The main allegation that the husband is the impotent and treating the wife in cruel manner.During the trial in the criminal case, the wife has deposed that she is a Virgin. Now the husband has filed a petition seeking direction from the court to send wife for virginity test. The petition has been filed without stating any legal provision. Kindly guide me in this stage.The wife is not agreeing for the test,.

queryking   12 December 2009 at 19:26

Noitce to Municipality

is it necessary to mention the provision of law in the notice to Municiplity, if not mentioned what is the consequences?
any citations?

aryan malhotra   12 December 2009 at 19:23

capital gain

Dear sir,
i have constantly purchased jewllery from 1979 till 2008. I had recently sold my residential flat to buy a new bigger flat and used the proceeds of my flat along with my long term investment in jewellery to pay the total amount. the proceeds of the sale of jewellery were used in paying the amount to the builder in the same year i.e may2009 (sold and purchased) for the purchase of ready to move in flat for my personal use only. will i be taxed for capital gain or get exemption under long term capital gain investments in property for self use of higher consideration.

kindly advice


sunil pagare   12 December 2009 at 19:21

Evidence act sec.58 & 33

wife filed maintanance application,in that application she filed copy of police compliant & notice send by her to husband, after taking evidence the application was dismissed by court.After that husband filed Divorce Petition on grounds of Cruelty & Desertion wife not appear before court the matter proceed ex-parte.Husband filed certified copy of all document's which were filed by wife in maintanance application & deposition's of both parties & judgement.My query is that abovesaid documents are need to prove? In my opinion those are admitted documents & as per sec. 58 of evidance act admitted fact need not prove & sec.33 of said act relevancy of certain evidence for proving,in subseqeunt proceeding,the truth of facts therein stated.I need your help Plz post your reply.

Sumir   12 December 2009 at 18:58

police Inaction

To check the wrong doing of police, in failure to file FIR, even after all formalities are done, one can approach magistrate u/s 156(3) or u/s 200 CrPC (I have gone in details of both sections. But unable to understand difference, and which is better.

saswati gupta bagchi   12 December 2009 at 12:20

Partnership firm

What is the document from which I can judge whether a partnership is a registered partnership firm or an unregistered partnership firm and how to judge from the document

Vishal Gupta   19 June 2009 at 06:45


Should rapist awarded capital punishment?

Gopal Krishna Behera   19 June 2009 at 06:38

The Indian Evidence Act.

What is the maxim 'Res inter alias actae'

Manish Kumar Gupta   04 April 2009 at 11:24

Need of Stamp Papers for an agreement

Dear All,

I want to know that what are the benifits of doing an agreement on stamp papers, rather than plain paper or Letter heads of the Company.
If agreement made on plain paper or letter Heads are admissible in evidence, and have the same value as agreement made on stamp papers.


Jitendra Raval   03 April 2009 at 20:03

NI Act S. 138---Case filed before complition of 15 days after notice

The complinant filed a case under S.138 againt accused before complition of 15 days mandatory time available to the accused for the payment.

The complaintant was in a hurry to screw the accused.

The court has already issued the process.

Will it be tenable in the court of law?

What are the remedies to the accused?

Can he approach high court for quasing the process?

Please suggest the remedies quoting cases if any.


Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query