Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

police Inaction

(Querist) 12 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
To check the wrong doing of police, in failure to file FIR, even after all formalities are done, one can approach magistrate u/s 156(3) or u/s 200 CrPC (I have gone in details of both sections. But unable to understand difference, and which is better.
deepak kumar (Expert) 12 December 2009
for relief under 156(3) you have to file a complaint before the magistrate u/s 200 and the magistrate decides whether to take cognizance and issue process himself or whether to get the case investigated by police u/s 156(3)and then act after recipt of police report.
if your case is genuine it is always better to lodge FIR
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 12 December 2009
Deepak Sir has shown the difference. For immediate action 156(3) is better. After 156(3) if police files final report. At least you would have another option of Sec 200.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 12 December 2009
I agree with Deepak.
joyce (Expert) 12 December 2009
agree with above experts.
Abhishek Sharma (Expert) 13 December 2009
I disagree. Today police is a herd of corrupts, despite court orders they tend to avoid registering FIRs for months. Better course is file a private complaint.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :