LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RADHA PYARI SRIPADA   18 October 2008 at 16:46

personal appearance of parties in family courts

is it not possible to dispense with the personal appearance of the parties in family courts at every date of hearing except when the case is posted for the evidence of the respective party?

V V SATYANARAYANA   18 October 2008 at 16:45

Status of S.L.P. filed by State Govt. of A.P. & also State Govt. of Jharkhand re. entry Tax.


Recently High Court of Andhra Pradesh stuck down the Entry Tax on Entry of Goods into Local Areas Act, 2001 imposed by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh in the case of Shree Rayalaseema

and also

High Court of Jharkhand has stuck down imposition of Entry Tax on goods entering into local area (the tax charged by State govt. of Jharkhand) in the case of Tata Steel Ltd. vs. State of Jharkhand.

I understand in both the cases the respective State Governments have filed S.L.P. in Supreme court.

Can learned friends guide me with the present status where the S.L.Ps are admitted by the S.C. or any stay is granted by S.C.



VASANTH D JAGANATH   18 October 2008 at 12:40

Rate of Tax under Kar.VAT

Dear Experts,

What is the rate of tax for coconut husk under KVAT Law

Kindly give the reference also.

Thanks & Regards

VASANTH D JAGANATH   18 October 2008 at 12:39

Rate of Tax under Kar.VAT

Dear Experts,

gaurav   18 October 2008 at 11:36

mental harassment and case of corruption

I was working with Reliance energy in delhi as assistant manager . Reliance energy is known as BSES in delhi and anil ambani as the managing director . BSES was earlier a government concern known as DESU.It is enagaged in distribution of electricity in DELHI . BSES is famous for the corruption . 95 % of the employees are corrupt in the organization . I could not fight with the corrupt employees and finally I had to leave the organization after working for 4 years because I was so much harassed by the manger and the people sitting at higher management .My manger was a government employee .He started mentally harassing me so much saying me abusive language ,starting giving clerical work and many things . He is the most corrupt manager . He has taken crores of rupees in corruption from delhi public .He is never caught because he never takes bribe directly and he has got indirect means for taking corruption . I went to vice president of company but all in vain .He told that it’s a private company and first golden rule of private company is that u have to satisfy ur boss ego. I recoreded that conversation also . Now the thing is that I think I cant fight with the company with my mental harassment because they can put any blaim on me like they can say that he was not working properly or he was not speaking with boss in right manner –any bloody thing they can blaim on me because its such a big company .

Only thing I can fight now is that during the appraisals filling ,my manager demanded a bribe of a sinagapore tour from me . But I didn’t bribed him . 2 colleagues of mine are eye witneses of that bribe demand . I wrote everything about this bribe in my resignation to the vp(hr) of company .But company has not taken any step against that manager which have further setback for me and my mental health . Since my colleagues are working in same company and may not open their mouth but I have recorded conversation of one my colleague in which he accepting that manger demanded bribe from me. He can not deny that fact. I am going to personally meet vp-hr and write a letter to management and anil ambani too . please give me the legal advice if management and anil ambani doesn’t take action against that manager . I am ready to go to media too . I am really mentally harrased so much that I am not in a condition to do any other job . Problem is that manager is friend of CEO of company . Please give me advice ,how should I write the letter and to whom should I write . Should I write to anti vigilanace department also since that manger is a government employee . Where else I should shoot the letter .Please help me

ram   18 October 2008 at 10:31

Two Items in Single Doct

two vendors (rights is diffeenet) of same village sold to vendee in a single documentmentioned as single item is valied?
if valied waht is the stamp Duty as applicable in AP
Thank Q

Nilesh Shah   18 October 2008 at 10:02

Amendment to Employees' Provident Fund Scheme,1052

Nilesh Shah asks a query:
Cell: 92246-59941

E Mail;

Recently i.e in the last week of September,2008 there are amendments carried out to Employees' Provident Fund Scheme 1952 whereby after paragraph 82, paragraph 83 is inserted; and

Paragraph 26, 26A and 26B are substituted.

I will be grateful if someone can make us all aware of the consequences of the aforesaid amendment.

Yours Sincerely,

Nilesh Shah

allurisivajiraju   17 October 2008 at 21:26

Limitation Act.

Respected Seniors,

Mr. 'A' obtained a lone by executing a mortgage deed in favour of the Mr. B. on 24-10-1996 with a condition to pay the same by 2 equal yearly instalments with interest. But he did not paid the same exept a part payment on 10-10-2008 for an amount of Rs. 500/-. The said part payment endorsed on the said deed, but it was not registered.

Whether the unregistered part payment dated 10-10-2008 extending the limitation for the deed or not?

Thanking You Sir.

TS Bhatia   17 October 2008 at 14:05

demat account

What is demat account ?

davinder   17 October 2008 at 12:55

formation of law firm

i want to form a law firm. how can i maske it. is registration compulsary? please tell me other requirements.