LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish M   22 March 2008 at 23:06

What if FIR is not getting registered.???

once, while a watching a News T.V., i heard that in case the police is not getting the FIR registered, the victim can directly go to the magistrate and may record his/her statement. could u pls tell the section of the relevant code which so specifies and also the exact provisions.....?

Ashish M   22 March 2008 at 23:02

compoundable offences??????

could u pls tell what is the meaning of a compoundable offence??

CHEENI   22 March 2008 at 19:02

Sale Deed on behalf of a private limited company

I am planning to buy a property which is in the name of the MD on behalf of his Private Limited Company. Apart from him his wife is also the Director of the Company. The Board of this Company has passed resolution approving my offer and authorising the MD to execute the sale deed. The board resolution with Common Seal has been given to me. Is it sufficient the MD signs the sale deed just as it is done in all sale deeds or the rubber stamp of the Private Company be stamped on the sale deed ? The sale deed mentions the Board resolution empowering him to execute the document. What other precautions I should take, as I am buying for the first time a property from a Pvt limited Company?

sudhakar   22 March 2008 at 15:52

question regarding leaves

sick leaves & casual leaves are mandatory or not on company

Prabhu   22 March 2008 at 14:53

company based at Dehi has cheated us

Sir thank you for your reply. Iam staying In Bangalore.What is the fastest way to recover my amount from the company through legal process.can i file a company petition?? or any other way???.Please suggest me

Prabhu 9448314614

amrita   22 March 2008 at 09:56

Outdated labor laws


I want to know about some outdated labor laws. Pls help me



RAMANARAYANAN.G   22 March 2008 at 00:24


One of my friend who is working in a qasi Kerala Govt. undertaking in a Managerial post where the Kerala Service Rules (KSR)is made applicable is suffering from ilness of accute back and joint pains due to Osteophytosis and Lumbar Canal stenosis for the last more than 8 years.
He is undergoing medical treatment(both Allopathy&Ayurveda)every year regularly after taking the leave in his credit as well as on loss of pay for nearly 2 Months each.He used to take leave only when it becomes impossible for him to attend any further office duties due to severe pain.There are clear medical records and Laboratory test reports(including scanning report) stating the details of the above illness.
As in previous years he submitted proper application for 2 months medical leave from 10-03-2008 out of the eligible leave in his credit along with proper Medical certificate from the consulting Doctor.He
went for treatment without waiting for the approval of the same by the Managing Director,as it had become impossible for him to attend his official duties any further due to severe pain.
Now it is informed through registered notice from the company that the leave has not been granted and unless rejoined for duties immediately it will be considered as Unauthoried Absence which may attract legal action including termination from the service without further notice.It is also informed by the company that his salary will be withheld for the period of absence even though there is sufficient eligible leave in
his credit.
Now,he is undergoing medical treatment and not in a position to join for duties immediately without completing the treatment.I is therefore requested to kindly provide valued openion as to whether:
1.Prior sanction is a must for availing leave on medical ground or is it sufficient that proper leave application along with medical certificate is submitted?
2.Whether the company is justified to insist for rejoing when one is undergoing treatment and not in a position to join for duty?
3.Whether the company is justified in treating the period of leave as unauthorised absence and withhold eligible salary even though proper
leave application alongwith medical certificate from approved Phusician
is submitted in advance?
4.Whether the company can terminate him from the service on the ground that he has not rejoind for duties after discontinuing the medical treatment?
5.Whether the company can prevent him from rejoing for duties after completion of the treatment on the reason that he has not joined for duties as per the notice from the company?
6.what are the recourses open to him in case the company proceeds to withhold is salary or terminate him from service without any notice?
7.Can any employer deny leave applied by an employee genuinely on medical Ground?
In this context it is to be noted that there are cases in the company itself where leave on medical and other grounds have been granted to certain employees without following any of the basic norms of leave sanctioning even without medical certificate or proper leave application.

I am anticipating a detaild expert openion in this respect at the earliest.


tilak   21 March 2008 at 19:50

service agreement signed by company

i have signed service agreement with a company to work for 3 years(or pay 6 lakhs due to an overseas training).but the agreement is signed on company letter head and not on any legal or stamp paper.
after working for 10 months i want to leave the company b'coz i need to work in shifts which i was not told earlier during joining and it is seriously affecting my health and my social life.the work which i am currently into is totally different from my education background which make me feel uninterested towards it.i also got a better oppurtunity from another company .
Please suggest me what to do b'coz i am in a great problem

rameshkumar   21 March 2008 at 19:46

sarfaesi act

whether possession notice and sale notice can be published in a same day and is there any time limit is prescribed bet ween both in the concerned act?

Gururja Rao   21 March 2008 at 17:54

evidence act

I want to know what is the evidentiary value of voice recorder on mobile phone , when recorded while conversation going on from land line to mobile,and is it admissible in evidence, if yes can u provide me any case laws in such circumstances.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query