LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya Michelle Rajiva   06 July 2009 at 18:32

Maternity Benifits Act

I have some questions on the Maternity Benifits Act. The company i work with doesn't want to discriminate on employment of women who are on the family way.
1. Can the company remove any clause which states a certain duration of employment is required for a women to be eligible.
2. Can the company overwrite the clause which says it is applicable only for the first 2 deliveries?
3. Is this benefit applicable only to married women or women in general?
Any assistance will be truly appreciated

kalyani choudhury   06 July 2009 at 18:27

change ofcounsel

I have changed my counsel. Now my previous lawyer is delaying returning my files making some or the other excuse. Presently he says he is going out of town. My court dates are close and my new counsel is unable to study the papers. The old counsel is not attending the phone calls however he has emailed me & said when he is back he will give back my files after taking a 'NO Dues ' from me.

All payments are clear from my side.

Why does he want a No DUES form Me. & When should I get him to sign the NOC's in the Vakalatnamas ? Can he refuse to sign them ? If so Why ? Please Help.

amit jain   06 July 2009 at 17:50

employer problem

I have given resignation from my company & company agreed to pay me two months notice period but they paid only one month. When I am asking them to pay me, they declined and they told me that i was terminated due to falst statmenet and playing politics. I have everything in writing which clearly demonstrate that I have given resignation & I was very good employee. All such type of email communication was between me and my ex boss. Same person told me that he will give me good refernce for my work in email and now he is telling i was terminated. He also communicated to the team at the time of resignation that I have given resignation because of personal reason. Now tell me what type of remedy available to me. Thanks in advance

BHAWNA   06 July 2009 at 16:53

Acquisition of business of contractor


Please advice the documents and law for acquiring the business of unregistered partnership firm, who is a contractor and providing services to thecompany interested in acquisition .

With Reagrds

Ranganath   06 July 2009 at 16:31

Section 340 CrPC

Ld Counsels,

Anticipatory bail was ordered based on a complaint and based on the submissions made by prosecution. The court did not procure a copy of the complaint from police. Later the same complaint was altered/improved with more allegations, which makes the prosecution case different from the one mentioend during the anticipatory bail hearing.

Now since the complaint is used in the judicial proceeding though not submitted to court, will any tampering with the compaint prima facie attract the provisions of section 340 of CrPC.

Also please clarify, whether written contradctions between civil suit affidavit and criminal complaint/statement attract the same section 340.


VASANTH D JAGANATH   06 July 2009 at 15:41

claiming input tax credit under TNVAT Act, 2006

How to find out input tax credit in the following situate under Tamil Nadue Value Added Tax Act, 2006

Under Tamil Nadu Value Added Tax Act, 2006 input tax credit is restricted on interstae sales without form-c [section 19(5)(c)], if a dealer has effected local sales, interstae sales [against form-c and without form-c] out of stocks procured from local registered dealer purchase, interstae purchase and stock inward from outisde the state [other than tamil nadu]

kindly produce the provision of law applicable

Sonu   06 July 2009 at 15:22

Removing Wife's name from sale deed and home loan

I have bought a house(in Bangalore(karnataka)) that was registered in my name(First holder) and my wife's name(second holder) and I have also taken home loan on that house in mine as well as my wife's name. I have been the sole contributor to all downpayments made for house and all the EMIs as well.
My situation now makes me feel that I should remove my wife's name from the property as well as from the home loan. My wife has also agreed to it. Can somebody please guide me as to how I can do it.

santosh   06 July 2009 at 15:05

what is procedure to convert agrilculture land into non agri

hi, every body
i want to know what is the procedure to convert an agriculture land declared as residence zone into non agriculture , what is the cost for same and which is the office where i have to contact for doing the same

aparna   06 July 2009 at 14:27

marriage registeration

a person usually gets his marriage registered (is mandatory in law too), but when the married couple gets a divorce, is there any provision as getting the divorce registered? does a person require to cancel his marraige registeration certificate? if yes, under which law and procedure for the same please.

damodar   06 July 2009 at 14:22

Complex family court situation

I am having an interesting situation here in chronological order.

1).My wife filed a 498A with a set of allegations.

2).I had filed for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty and desertion. Petition denied. Appeal Pending in HC.

3).She filed for Restitution of Conjugal Rights. Petition granted. Appeal pending in HC.

4).She filed for Maintenance u/s 125 of CrPC. Petition granted. Appeal preferred. Trial court order confirmed.

5).After two years she filed for Maintenance u/s HAMA 18(2b) with the same accusations as made in 498A case. Maintenance granted. Both sides Appeal pending in HC. Even in this case she produced false bills which my advocate could expose in court. However, it did not get reflected in the judgement.

6).After all this the 498A judgement was acquittal, with the comments specifically stating that my wife has left me on her own will and not due to cruelty.

All the judgements in the subsequent (civil and maintenance) cases are based on the assumption that I have treated her with cruelty and deserted her. Now that those grounds and causes of action have been proved false in the 498A case,

a).How do I start proceedings to get the trial court to ensure justice? Will a civil court take cognizance of the criminal court’s order? Or should I approach only the High Court?

b).Since I have certified copies of chief and cross examination documents of my wife and in-laws with several blatant contradictions (from all cases). Can I start perjury cases even when the perjury happened in cases which are lying in appeal with the HC? I believe that a perjury case will stop repeated harassment.