Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

age for liv-in relation

I am 20 years old and my girlfriend is 19 years old.According to Indian Law the girl must be of 18 and the boy must be of 21.so according to it she is elligible for marrying but I am not.So can I go for liv-in relation with her till I will be of 21 just to save her from marrying to another boy by her parents forcefully.I think she will be safe near me till I get my age to get marriage.What is the minimum age gfor liv-in relation?please suggest.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )Online (Expert)

U both are majors, liv-in-relation is new concept there is nothing in the law regarding live-in-relation. I think minimum age for liv-in-relation is boy 21 girl 18.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert)

minimum age for liv-in-relation is boy 21 girl 18.

Kiran Kumar (Expert)

there is no such law prescribing age for live in relationship in India....though this relationship has been given recognition by the Hon'ble SC to safeguard the interest of a female.

u may continue with live in relationship, but make sure the gal remains with u in every respect....

even if u marry at this age, the marriage will not be annulled annulled automatically....it will remain valid.

charudureja (Expert)

as such there is no law regarding live in relationship in india.
2ndly though im giving u advice without ur asking for it, why dont u talk to her parents n make them believe that both of u wish to spend life together n ur the best man for their girl.then this insecurity will end.

Adinath@Avinash PatilOnline (Expert)

Girl should be 18 years of age & boy should be 21 years of age before that you shold not live in relation.Better to wait for 1 year.

Manish Singh (Expert)

I agree with Mr. Kiran and Ms CharuDureja,
neither any law prescribes any age limit for live in realtions nor there exists any law to regulate that.. only under certain acts, live in relations can entitle the female to ask for maintenance and all that. so dnt worry abt age limit. it has no binding effect on anything related to live in relations.

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)

There is no law in India which prescribes age for live in relationship. But the age of consent for any intimate relationship is 16 in India.
You can go for liv-in relation with her.

A. A. JOSEOnline (Expert)

It is obvious that you are already in a live in relationship with the girl in question and in the absence of any law which precribes the minimum age limits, do not bother much about the same but be cautious marry as and when you complete the age of 21 years.

The opinion of Kiran and Chandureja is best to be noted. I also advise you to take families of both in confidence prior to your marriage.

Somnath mukherjee (Expert)

Iagree the above view but still i say that you have to upto 21years

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)

Age of 18 for girl & 21 for boy is only for marriage, here we are discussing liv-in relation and there is no such age prescribed by law for liv-in relation.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x