Change of misspelt name in mark sheet

Hi
My Fathers name is misspelt by juz an alphabet in my Xth marksheet. Unfortunately the wrong spelling is registered in the school records as well. I got an opportunity to work abroad but am facing problems coz of the mispelt name. can any 1 tell me a quick procedure for the rectification of the name???

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)

Make an affidavit in that direction before a Public Notary or first class Magistrate.

raj kumar makkad (Expert)

Got prepared the affidavit as per suggestion of barman and then produce the same to the school authorities and got changes in record, obtain copies thereof and apply similar changes to Board of Education from where you obtained relevant certificates.

B K Raghavendra Rao (Expert)

As you have already passed out of X standard and the marks sheet reflect misspelt name of your father, you need to issue a request letter to the Board for correction in your father's name. Normally, they do not oblige and they would not correct the names. Then, issue a legal notice and after that you need to file a suit against the Board for effecting the change. The matter is not simple. It may take about 6 months to 1 year in the court for a decree. With a copy of the decree you would apply for correction of your father's name and the Board would issue a fresh marks sheet with corrected name.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert)

In my opinion filing of affidavit does not suffice, but follow the adivses of the learned members.
In our state Karnataka regarding any mistake either it may spelling or other thing, we have to file suit for declaration and injunction against the Deputy Commissioner and Deputy Director of Public instuructions by issuing a notice u/s 80C of CPC prior to 60 days of filing the suit.

a.manoharan (Expert)

IF SUIT IS PREFERRED AGAINST GOVERNMENT , THE STATUTORY NOTICE OF 60 DAYS CAN BE DISPENSED WITH FILING ADDITIONAL PETITION UNDER THE SAME SECTION.

Uma parameswaran (Expert)

As per my view ,With all relevant records give a letter before the Indian Embassy in the country where you are at present residing.If Embassy is ready to give a clarification letter,then you can produce that before concerned officer.

29 December 2016

contact the authroity which issued certificate for the procedure

29 December 2016

Agree with expert Devajyoti Barman.

×