25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Will of a Hindu male

(Querist) 28 January 2017 This query is : Resolved 
My uncle has two daughters. As on date he is alive. He has a self acquired property. He would like to gift to one of the daughters by way of making a will. Whether the other daughter or son-in-law or grand children have any right over the property. Whether they can go to court to claim their share
Guest (Expert) 28 January 2017
Tell your uncle he can do whatever he wants to do with his property. None have any right over his property, whether he wants to make a will or gift (different issues) property to anyone.

However, about your question, "Whether they CAN go to court to claim their share," nobody can refrain them from going to court if they want to bring the issue before the court for putting a legal stamp on that.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 28 January 2017
ur uncle can make will about his property in favour of any person. other legal heirs can go to court to challenge said will.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 28 January 2017
It is believed that our uncle is Hindu.

Kumar Doab (Expert) 28 January 2017
Hindu male can dispose his self acquired estate/property in his life time by a valid WILL, deed e.g; Gift/sale/settlement/release/relinquish etc etc.

If the choice is WILL, prefer to register the WILL.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 January 2017
Your uncle can sell / gift / mortgage / bequeath a will for his self acquired property, no one can object.

If other party go to court, they may not succeed.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 January 2017
Your uncle can transfer the property to any one of his choice as it is his self acquired property. No one can object it.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 29 January 2017
Agree with experts.
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 29 January 2017
I agree with the experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query