Will

I am unmarried bachelor.
I have already created a will on my nephew.. and got it registered five years back.

Now, I have another few properties and investments after the execution of the will.
should I create a seperate will for the additional properties and investments; or
create a new will including all (both given in the old will and adding the additions)

Experts.. please advise

Show the document of will to a local prudent lawyer which has already included future expectancy of property or not. If not included get a fresh will executed and registered.

A will comes in effect after the death of testator and a person can execute number of wills in his life but last executed will shall prevail so it is better to execute fresh will by canceling old will and incorporating all movable and immovable properties therein.

A will comes in effect after the death of testator and a person can execute number of wills in his life but last executed will shall prevail so it is better to execute fresh will by cancelling old will and incorporating all movable and immovable properties therein.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

Having 2 different will for different properties may create ambiguity in the future. So execute the new will and include old properties as well as additional properties.

You can change will during your lifetime as many times as you wish. You can bequeath a new will including all existing and to be acquired in future. After execution of new will, previous would be ineffective. You can mention the fact in your new will.

Registration of will is not mandatory.

A will executed by a Testator, that Testator can change the Will any times during his life. But the last will whether registered or not will come into effect from the date of his death.

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x