LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife refused to return stolen ornaments. how to recover ?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
My wife has stolen gold ornaments much before she leave me. I asked her to return but she says these are stridhan & gift.
I lodge 420& 406 ipc, but police did not help.
Please help.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 July 2022
Yes. She is your wife and hence the question of stolen gold does not arise.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 18 July 2022
You can not claim over the ornaments possessed by wife .It is her stridhan and she has right over it.
P. Venu (Expert) 18 July 2022
She can very well claim that the ornaments constitute her 'Stridhan', hence her personal property!
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 18 July 2022
The ornaments are purchased at my money as an investment. Some of the ornaments are of mine. All of the ornaments are purchased by my hard earned money.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 18 July 2022
Did you gift the jewelry to your wife ? If so, it is part of her stridhan.
However, how can you prove she has stolen the jewelry, if prosecuted ?
If police did not lodge FIR and you are confident that she has committed theft, move complaint before your area Magistrate.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 July 2022
Police lodge FIR u/s 406 IPC
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 July 2022
Police did not take any action in spite of court's order in 156(3) crpc.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 20 July 2022
Did you apply for status report or it is your presumption that the police did not take any action in spite of Court orders u/s 156 (3) Cr PC?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query