Wife got married during the pendency of 498-a

Husband gets the decree of divorce on the ground of desertion whereas wife filed a complaint under section 498A and during the pendency of the complaint she got married to another............ here 494 complaint can file against the wife or not. what I should suggest to my client

After getting divorce both husband and wife are free to remarry . No case of bigamy is made out when wife got remarried after getting decree of divorce.

sankar narayanan Online (Expert)

Yes i do agree with learned friend Mr,Bhartesh Goyal answer

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

agreed with views expressed by earlier experts. its persistent admitted that after DIVORCE the spouse can remarry to their own choice. no case made out in your given query, so far.
thanks

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

when divorce has taken place she can marry anyone. being 498a complaint is no disqualification of marriage.

Complaint u/s 498A IPC and divorce are 2 different cases, which are not interconnected and independent of each other.
After divorce she can and should marry another person, it is not bigamy.

Rajinder PaulOnline (Querist)

Sir if the client's wife got married but the complaint case of 498-A is still pending how can the husband get relief from its case

×