LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Way blocked

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 November 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I had a way towards my home during 2017. It was blocked by the adjacent property owner saying that he will allow sharing his own way to his home. In 2021 he obstructed me to use his own way. I want to reinstate my old blocked way. Can I file suit for removal of the block done during 2017?. Is there any time limit to file such suit?.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 08 November 2021
The limitation period is 3 years and in some suits, delays are condoned by the court. So consult a local lawyer.
P. Venu (Expert) 09 November 2021
The facts posted suggest that the cause of action is continuous. Hence it could be pleaded that no limitation applies. Forever, because of the Covid situation, the period of limitation during the period stands waived.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 09 November 2021
You can claim a right of easement through your counsel.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 09 November 2021
Yes, cause of action to file suit is continuous so law of limitation will not apply.Consult to local lawyer for necessary action.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query