LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

transfers of public sector employees

(Querist) 16 November 2009 This query is : Resolved 
In food corporation of india AP region the GEneral Manager AP has ttrransfered some technical staff. the union wanted the transfers of stff/officers those compleated 5 years of stay at a particular pace. Options s were submitted by them even those that compleated one year also submited options. but the GM taransferred those who compleated 1 year 2 years and 3, 4 years also who do not submited options thus those people were posted to far off place can we challege these orders
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 16 November 2009
it will be better to look into your service rules.

if such tranfers are permitted as per rules then employees can not do anything.

if such tranfers have been made aribtrarily without application of mind then u can challenge it.

find out the service rules applicable.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 16 November 2009
it is better to refer the service rules as advised by Kiran.
dhiraj choudhary (Expert) 16 November 2009
transfer is an exigency of service n an employee is supossed 2 serve in a place where he is transferred. i dont think that transfer policy is going 2 help u except there r some rules as policy is not rule/law n institution is not bopund to abide by it in its letter n spirit as they r merely for guiding....
Dr.Anjani Kumar Vaidyasen,09431271130,Patna (Expert) 16 November 2009
Kiran Kumar sir is rightly suggested to u.
Vineet (Expert) 16 November 2009
Generally there is a set transfer policy being followed in Government, semi-government and PSU organisations. CAT or applicable legal forum takes a adverse view in the matters where there is gross violation of transfer policy.

The transfer cannot be challenged as a matter of right. However, if there is proven arbitrariness in the process resulting in genuine hardship or gross injustice to the employee, such transfers can be challenged before CAT.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 16 November 2009
Transfer is a part of State working and it is the discretion of the State to transfer its one employee to other place subject to state policy which is not open for any employee or their union to change in their favour or get it challenged as per their sweet whims and wishes.
A.P.Manoranjan (Expert) 16 November 2009
Frequent transfer of employees is the powerful tool in the hands of PSU Management where no one can question as it is the internal affair of the PSU.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query