LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Transfer of property from mother to daughter

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 December 2020 This query is : Resolved 
My mother owns a plot near Chennai. Due to her sudden demise, we are planning to transfer the property to my name as I'm the only child to my parents. She has left no WILL. We have got a legal heir certificate with the names of my father and me. I would like to know what is the procedure to transfer the property to my name along with an option for my father to inherit the property in case of my death. Will this procedure require any amount? Where this procedure has to be done as the plot comes under Avadi province?
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 19 December 2020
You can change the property in your name with the Avadi Municipality.As you stated no condition for further alienation could be possible.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 19 December 2020
As your mother died intestate, the property will be devolved between you and your father in equal shares. So if your father is interested to transfer his share to you, then he shall execute a Gift deed in favour of you for his share with reserving life interest in his share. For drafting the deed, consult a senior Document Writer of SRO concerned attached.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 20 December 2020
After demise of your mother property rights devolve to you and your father equally.Your father has to execute registered relinquishment deed in favour of you then you will become absolute owner of flat thereafter you may execute will in favour of your father so he may get property after your demise.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 20 December 2020
Well advised, agree with the expert Advocate Bhartesh goyal.
P. Venu (Expert) 20 December 2020
The property, on your mother's death, has been jointly vested with your father and you. Your father can relinquish his rights otherwise transfer or bequeath the property upon you at his discretion.

What is the reason for your premonition that you would pre-decease your father? Are there any deeper issues?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now