Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Son ask rent for his share of father self acquired property

(Querist) 26 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir/Madam
One House Was on the name of the My Father , who was died in 2019.My Father Family Members are Wife, Son, 2 daughters.In That House MY Mother (65) [who received State Govt Family Pension], Unmarried sister (40) was live in that home.But My mother and Sister did not allow me in that home.Can i ask rent for my share and My wife can file petition under Women protection act to shelter in the shared property of in-laws

J K Agrawal (Expert) 26 July 2021
If your father died intestate, you can get rent as well as share in in the house of father. Your wife also having right to get shelter in that house if she earlier lived in that house.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 July 2021
Third time repeated as may be seen from your profile, where last one was at
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 27 July 2021
Query has already been replied then why repeatation?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 July 2021
Agreed with the advice of the above experts.
P. Venu (Expert) 12 August 2021
As already suggested, you are the joint holder of property. You may seek your share through partition, if so required. However, you cannot rent from the joint holders residing in the joint property.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query