Society right for charging transfer fee

02 December 2020

I have 2flat in the name of my wife and grand father in same building.
We made deed of exchange and paid stamp duty and registration fees to government and exchanged the flat.
In this matter whether building society will charge transfer fees for both flat, we have just exchanged the flat no money deel had been done between us.
They are charging 30000 for each flat.
Please help me to know whether to pay fees or not.
Thanks a lot

02 December 2020

Each society has its own bylaws which stipulates fees for the services rendered to members.If you feel aggrieved, verify the bylaws to this effect.If it is contrary to bylaws, complain to the Deputy Registrar having jurisdiction.

04 December 2020

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciaiton of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding

04 December 2020

Any suggestion depends upon the Law under which the Society is registered. The Society can levy such fees only if authorised by the said Law. In the absence of enabling statutory provision, any condition in the Bye- law would be void.

04 December 2020

Refer the society bye-laws in this respect.

×

CrPC Course!     |    x