Upgrad LLM

Signed a blank white paper

This query is : Resolved 

14 August 2011

Respected Lawyers,

Myself and my wife had signed in a BLANK WHITE PAPER innocently. This happened immediately after our marriage while applying for marriage certificate. One of my close relative(my wife's sister husband) took us to the registration office and got sign in the marriage certificate application and finally he also asked us to sign in a BLANK WHITE PAPER saying that some more details need to be filled and those things will be carried out after sometime due to some reasons. We trusted him and signed but now due to his activities, we realize that we have made a mistake. My father in law is having many properties and we feel that he may use that against us in future. So please suggest what I should do to avoid any misuse.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
14 August 2011

Dear prabu, your fear is unnecessary. Nothing can be made by those signed empty papers. If you want any precaution steps mean you can publish a public notice through your advocate on daily news paper.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )Online (Expert)
14 August 2011

Dont worry blank signed white paper does not create any problems for you. Ask him to return, if you suspects him then follow the advise of Tom Adv.

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert)
14 August 2011

You send him a registered notice requesting him to intimate you the fate of the said blank signed paper and further request him to give it back to you. In the case of non-reply lodge a General diary with your police station stating the fact for future reference. On the basis of these two steps you would be able to defend any unforseen event which may arise due to the said blank paper.

K.S.SrinivasOnline (Expert)
14 August 2011

I agree with the above experts.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
14 August 2011

I agree with Expert Arun Kumar Bhagat

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)
14 August 2011

Lodge this facts with the concerned Local Police Station of your vicinity, through General Diary Entry, and do not worry they can not achieve any thing, though the lodging facts with Police Station will help you in future if any thing going wrong on the basis of those papers.

prabhu (Querist)
15 August 2011

Thank you so much for all for your guidance.

girish shringi (Expert)
15 August 2011

I do agree with above experts.
However,prevention is better than cure.
So,be alert.

RAJU O.F., (Expert)
17 August 2011

Send a lawyer notice a)explaining the circumstances in which blank papers were got signed, b)requesting to return the said papers to you and c)asserting that any documents prepared with the said papers are null and void.

R.venkatesh Naidu Online (Expert)
17 August 2011

there is only way is you send a lawyer notice and should publish a advertisement in daily news paper regarding this. then no problem.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x