Share certificate is not issued by committee in chs

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
26 January 2021

Dear Sir,

We are owner of property in pune which is co operative housing society. Society was formed around four years back and till date share certificate is not issued by committee to any member. Now, we wish to sell the property and prospective buyer needs share certificate to be transferred in his name. So far secretary is not responding to us and not willing to issue share certificate. What are legal remedies available to us in such case? Please help us know more on that. Your prompt response will be appreciated.


CA Nikhil Joshi

Thane, Maharashtra.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
26 January 2021

You shall file a complaint before RERA or the Deputy Registrar of Coop. Housing Societies of your area against the society.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
27 January 2021

1. You have an positive option to file a grievance petition against the Society Mg.Committee, in the local Consumer Court, for their illegal trade practice, negligence, deficiency, harassment, intimidation, cheating etc.... with proper documentary evidences and you can claim damages /compensation & interest on your investment, and for your physical & mental trauma.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Advocate Bhartesh goyalOnline (Expert)
27 January 2021

Yes, file complaint before Consumer Forum against society for their deficiency of service and unfair trade practice.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
27 January 2021


As per my opinion, you have to approach co-op. registrar against the managing committee. First issue legal notice to managing committee thereafter file a complaint against manging committee before co-op registrar.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
31 January 2021

You have the option to file complaint with RERA or Consumer forum or Registrar cooperative societies.

It would be better if you take up with the society first.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x