LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SBI account fraud

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 April 2011 This query is : Resolved 
sir, i have lost my SBI ATM/debit card last year november and i blocked it in the SBI bank myself. then i have account balance of 2000/- only but yesterday i went to bank and see that my account is set hold at rs. 50000/- loan, i was shocked. the bank official said i did withdraw money more than my balance. now what should i do because i have not withdraw any money from the bank since last year.
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 27 April 2011
Seek a statement of account from the bank and check the correctness. Thereafter you will come to know the true position. If the account statement is wrong, you can recover your money by approaching the consumer forum or the banking ombudsman.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 27 April 2011
Had you intimated bank about loss of your ATM in writing or not and ad you obtained its copy or not?

You have no other option but to adopt course told by palnitkar.
Kirti Kar Tripathi (Expert) 27 April 2011
You issue a notice to the bank mentioning entire facts ans simultaneously you ask statement of accounts. thereafter decide your further course of action.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 27 April 2011
The Bank has done a fraudulent act. Make a police complaint and see how the Bank fall in your line.
shrikant (Expert) 28 April 2011
Rightly said by Mr Barman sir
M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert) 28 April 2011
yes, i agree all experts
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 28 April 2011
Is your information true?

Please send me the bank details along with proofs as PM.
malipeddi jaggarao (Expert) 29 April 2011
What do you mean by set hold at Rs.50000 loan? Whether you account is in Debit for Rs.50000? When reported loss of Debit Card, you might have informed over phone. In such case they give some reference number. Do you have record of such number? Obtain and verify your bank account and seek for the particulars of each entry. If entries are after reporting the loss of debit card, then you have a case as suggested by experts. A thorough interaction with the concerned official at the Bank Branch is required before jumping into conclusions. Some times, by over-sight Banks do debit the account of one customer isntead of the intended account. Such debits will be reversed once you bring them to the notice of the Branch, though it takes some time for reversal.
Guest (Expert) 29 April 2011
Loss of ATM Card was to be reported in writing and acknowledgement was required to be taken to avoid any fraud on your account.

By using Right to Information Act, ask for the copy of the paper with reference to whcih the debit of Rs.50,000 would have been debited to your account and verify with your account statement.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query